Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    As for retina, maybe we should all post a message about how much we love the game but want that fixed on their Facebook. They actually seem to be very active on their own page. Curious to see how they will reply and if it'll be changed in another update.

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Gotta agree with most of what you said (apart form the female voice acting, I like them all), and especially the quote I agree on. Still hoping for at least a higher res main character. But this is funfunfun. :D

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  4. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Thanks a lot, really important to me.

5. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #125 jgeirge, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Retina support should come soon, but is anyone else feeling that the game lacks a certain bit of depth? There is no block or shield or parry. Also no heavy attack, just attack. Don't get me wrong the game is amazing, I just expected a bit more

Edit: Figured out how to use combinations properly; Dependent upon the timing of the attacking button. This game is great, looks perfect on the 5S, not too well on iPad Air 2

6. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    wow yhats a big statement ever #######

7. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #127 EightRooks, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Uh, while it's not exactly DMC I admit, you do have a shield. What do you think the sparkling around you is? ;) Believe me, when that's gone down, you'll know.

And there are heavy attacks. Tap attack, then pause a moment, and you'll see a purple sphere fade in around you. Tap when the sphere's appeared, you'll do the first heavy attack and another sphere will start to appear (EDIT: Whoops, my bad, the sphere only appears to start the chain, subsequent heavy attacks you just get a purple flash if you've done it right). Keep tapping like that and you'll go through the heavy attack chain instead of the normal one. You can cross them over at least once, too - if you've tapped a few times to go through the normal attack chain, there's a point (haven't worked out exactly where) you can pull off a heavy attack and he'll do this jumping spin kick that you don't get from just tapping through the heavy hits the normal way. EDIT: It's pretty much exactly the same thing you could get from having two buttons - the heavy attacks look very different from regular hits and they do a lot more damage if you pull them off right.

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Downloading now. Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback and gameplay videos. I almost passed this up thinking it was overhyped, but changed my mind. Should be playing in about 30 minutes :D

9. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Hey guys can anyone tell me if this would run well on iPod 5? In terms of frame rate and lag? Thanks guys.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Does it work on iPad 4?Will probably buy it in next month cause already spent 10$ in this one ._.

11. goggles

goggles Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Is that dialogue skipable? Please tell me that tripe is skipable...

12. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    it's works well on iPhone 4S, iPot 5th.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Super disappointed with the comments in this thread. When the hell did graphics make or break games? :/

14. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I guess cause they claim to be a triple A console gaming experience on a mobile device

15. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    #135 Zaskar, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Probably because this game seems all about how awesome it looks, then for some reason it is running on 3 year old resolution specs. Its like loading up a new AAA PC game and having it capped at 720p, it just doesn't make sense.

I'm already starting to get put off whenever I see a new app that isnt optimized for iPhone 6/6 Plus resolution, not having it even at retina display resolution is pretty odd.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    graphics I don't mind they are fuzzy what's wrong is the screenshots the videos they all look crystal clear so.... but on iPhone 5S it looks clear :)

17. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Thanks man

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. I've got an iPhone 6 but I know I'll be fine about the graphics. It's all about the gameplay. That's what makes me come back to a game

Picking this up first thing tomorrow once I get that itunes card !

19. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Yep, from what I've played you can skip all that chessy dialogues.

20. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Really? A lot of people - including me - says it is a great game, but lacking resolution on iPad Air 2. That's not really making or breaking a game. Just stating that it would be nice to see this buffed a bit. Maybe just AA the lead character.

The game is awesome, a lot of fun and super duper woohoooo! :D