Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. #1021 AppUnwrapper, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    So, having fun with Jonathan and his K-10 robot sidekick. But umm...is he unable to level up past 30? His XP says 0/0.

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Stupid question, I know, but the new character can be used to play through the entire game, right?

I loved this but the way the skills were done always drove me insane and never really got a handle on it. Was hoping that the "new skill system" was across the board but I'm betting it's just for the new character.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Still can't play due to GC f**-up. iPhone 6s Plus

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I'm curious about the new skill system as well. Was my only minor issue with this title. I guess I could just re-download and check, but I'm feeling lazy.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Nooooooooo! That means I am probably hosed too :(

6. #1026 AppUnwrapper, Feb 24, 2016
    The new character doesn't seem to work the same way. And I can't find a way to use him on the regular campaign. Maybe once I complete his special story?

He's got super amazing guns. Seriously. I tried him on the survival mode and lasted until I got bombarded by a bunch of bosses at once. Also, I was clearing each stage pretty fast. Tried the same thing with Avalon and I felt like I was basically clawing at enemies with my nails.

But I can't see any way to take him outside his own campaign besides survival. And his equipment seems to be limited to skills, not stats. They all equip onto his little robot sidekick (which is a nice touch) but the equipment has no extra stats. And doesn't seem to gain XP. It's really bizarre, but maybe they thought he'd be too overpowered otherwise?

The new campaign is challenging -- you have to battle enemies right under an avalanche at the end. I played through twice and needed two revives each time. The falling rocks keep getting me.

Edit: Also, I love his skills. He has a grenade that explodes and then damages enemies that get near the area. And one that restores HP. I really hope there's a way to play the rest of the game with him bc he's a blast.

Looks like he also has his own badge rewards that are kept separate from the others.

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Sounds good enough to redownload just to play the new content.

But my 16 GB mini 2 is screaming back at me. With four gigs just for FF IX alone, I'm hating life with space issues....and can't afford to upgrade.

That said, what's the total installed size of Implosion with the new content?

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Went up by 300 MB. It's sitting at 2.4 GB now.

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Cool. Thanks for the quick response!

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    SO EXCITED. Been waiting for this forever. Thanks Rayark!

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Log out of AppStore in settings, reboot, log back in AppStore, reboot, open app, GC connected. Works every time. iOS 9.0.2. Will probably work regardless of iOS. I'd bet.

12. Btw, there also seems to be multiple paths in these levels. The exit closes behind you so you can't backtrack and take a different one. I went exploring on the second level and ended up in some room with waves and waves of enemies and eventually ran out of revives. :/

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I've been reading your reports and damn it sounds so good. Gonna see what's on offer tonite.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap!!!!!! That did work man!

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm curious about this as well. Would love to be able to play through all the original levels with the new character. Is this possible once you finish the new story line?

16. Not having an easy time with the new storyline, so can't tell yet. Still working on getting through the second level lol. But he has a completely separate menu from the other two. You access his storyline and equipment from the "Extras" section.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Was able to play for a few min before getting pulled in another direction. Now the game won't load. Can't get past the title screen.

18. Is your GC working?

19. #1039 AppUnwrapper, Feb 24, 2016
    I recorded some gameplay of the new content. I think it's gonna be hard to back to the other two characters after playing Jonathan. But I want to try to earn some more badges to unlock their new suits!

Also, I may have been mistaken about the alternate paths. I ended up in that same room again and it's so damn hard.

Edit: Aahhhhh!!! I just realized his limited ammo gun is a laser! This changes everything!

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Now that you mention....no. When I go to settings and tap it, phone freezes