Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Note to self.. Re-download and play! If I can find the darn time with this huge backlog.. lol..

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Best hack and slash on iOS imo. And it's hard to find true triple A quality games made originally for iOS but this is one of them. My second favorite game of 2015.

3. Dante_Cubit

Dante_Cubit Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Kickstarter Goal Almost Reache!

Just had a quick look at the kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774031583/implosion-zero-day

3/4 of the way to the goal. They've put some updates on the crew working on the movie - there are guys from Konami's Metal Gear Solid team, Disney, and award winning sound designer, it's looking awesome!!

Check it out guys, if you've not done so already, BACK IT!!!

4. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Great

5. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Done. Its almost there, I hope it becomes a reality since it seems they'll have a lot of highly talented people working with them. While the game itself wasn't all that I expected it to be (that was my mistake, high expectations), it's still a fun one, with a cool setting and story. So, there's definitely a lot of potential for the movie and the comic.

By the way, does anyone know when will the update come? That gun-kata stuff seems truly awesome.

6. Dante_Cubit

Dante_Cubit Member

Nov 8, 2012
    I' ll have a word with the Rayark team and find out.

388k now on KS - it's within reaching distance!!

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh boy this is gonna be great. They got a famous guy who did the LoTR soundtrack, Stefanie Joosten and so many other amazing people on the team. This movie would be incredible. I really hope it reaches its goal!

8. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I know right? I had never participated in a Kickstarter before, but I just couldn't help it, I had to support this project. Plus, those guys at Rayark seem to be really cool and invested in this. In times like these, I wish I was a millionaire just to drop 9.999$, attend that private screening, and get me some of those figurines.

Alas, 45$ will have to do ;)

Anyway, all this buzz got me into the game again, and I've been making some progress. I'm enjoying myself a lot more than my first time, though that's probably because since then I acquired an mfi controller. I don't really like how they handle the stage-like missions, as it kind of breaks the flow of the game for me. But that is it as far as complaints go, I'm having lots of fun hacking and slashing away.

I've got a couple questions, by the way, does anyone know the difference between shield repair speed, and shield repair ACC? And has anyone cracked that annoying "no entry" area?

9. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I think Shield Repair Acc is when the shield starts to repair (that wait time before the circle starts to refill), and then the Shield Repair Speed is the actual speed at which that circle refills.

10. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Yep, that makes sense. Thanks for that. Now, if only I could figure out how to enter the no access area. Apparently no one has cracked it, and the general consensus is that it doesn't lead anywhere. But why would the devs bother, then, if it's just a dead end? There's lots of places that could seemingly lead to somewhere in the game, but none has such a blatant, hovering "X" on them. Maybe for an update? Maybe to screw with our minds? If that was the intent, well, they certainly succeeded. It's like the "Lost" easter egg on Diablo 3 all over again.

Oh, and by the way, congrats to Rayark and the community, as the Kickstarter for Zero_Hour has reached it's goal with 7 days to go. Very happy about that. Now, can 2018 arrive, like, now? :)

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    It would definitely be a cool easter egg but I'm sure someone would have found something by now. I honestly think it's just a stylistic way to show a blocked area (it does look cool doesn't it?). I wouldn't worry so much about it.

I'm starting to play VR mode and then I'll need to go play through with Crimson again (only did half the game with her). There's honestly near limitless replayablity with this game. VR survival mode is pretty fun if you just want to hack and slash and you're really bored. Then after I do all that I can start expert mode. Love the content of Implosion. Can't wait for the update to drop!

And yes congrats on the movie Rayark! I really can't wait to see it :) The preview still gets my hyped every time I watch it.

12. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I know, someone would have found it by now... I don't worry too much about it, but, still, it's like an itch that's just out of reach, always there, teasing me... Ok, I do overthink it, but I just can't help it :)

Yeah, the game is definitely growing on me, I'm even delaying reaching the end as much as I can. I'm at chapter 4, but decided I'd level up Avalon so he can catch up with Crimson.

I didn't know there are VR missions, that's really cool. I thought the end game was based on expert mode, so it's nice to have something else to look after.

I just realized, though, this game reminds me of "Evangelion". Does anyone remember that series? I loved it when I was younger, I guess that's something to rewatch while Zero_Hour is in the works.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah there's plenty to do after completing the game. Basically "New Game+" and survival mode / high score mode in simpler terms. Game has everything you'd want in a premium game.

I really enjoyed the final boss fight. I was the same as you and held off beating the game as much as possible but once it got down to the last few stages I couldn't resist.

===

Oh I love Evangelion! I watched that when I was a kid. Great stuff! Speaking of which, the kickstarter is ending in 14 hours in case anyone wanted to help them out. I think I'm going to up my pledge just because I saw they have an awesome mech hoodie that I really want. Damn my wallet :(

14. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    When the update 1.2 whit new caracter is ad??need play whit Jonathan caracter and rayark promise genuary 2016:(

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Wow lol

16. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Soon?

[​IMG]

17. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Si ho visto
    Yes i see the picture yesterday but noone say nothing about the release date

18. twinblades1

twinblades1 Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Warehouse Manager
    Oregon
    I'm also waiting for that update to. Thought it was coming out last month but no word.

I wonder if we'll get s different icon with the date change...

19. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Just see the Taipei game show rayark speack about Implosion and show 10 min of the new caracter and free dlc game play . The only problem he speack Taiwanese and cant understant if say someting obut the release date but the game play is very cool###now just need the release date if somone can find in the web

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Sooo... update is in review with Apple. Not sure how long it'll take but hopefully it'll be out really soon!

I'm excited and I hope everyone else is too :) This game is a masterpiece.