Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #962 L.Lawliet, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Sigh I'm a bit disappointed. This is a nice surprise but I really wanted Heracles. He looked amazing! Jonathan looks like he's in mech armor and not actually using a remote mech like the main characters.

Edit:

Their kickstarter is up and WOW the teaser trailer for the animation is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ST2F_C-RQ

I'm backing this right now. Btw one tier lets you join the beta for a sequel when they make it supposedly but I'm going to trust Rayark since Implosion came out wonderfully. Implosion 2 and all those other cool games they just teased today are :O

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love the new direction the new character is taking though. Attacks that also move the character could mean a whole new feel for the game. With the first 2 characters, it's about staggering enemies to avoid getting hit, or waiting out for specific openings to get in some hits. With the new move-attacks, weaving through enemy attacks and using the right skill that counters specific attacks would make it feel like a different game.

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh I didn't notice that! I wasn't paying much attention to his moveset but that would be great for a new gameplay style.

I do think promotion wise, having Jonathan out and be the star of their new movie is a great promo to get people to to support the project. However it looks like in the movie Jonathan has an original tier mech suit, whereas the new character looks like the version of him from inside the game (probably just a powered suit of some sort). It would be cool to have the original gen mech (not the giant statue sized ones inside the Implosion game) as a new character.

4. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    How long until the loading circle goes away??

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Awesome about Johnathan. I can appreciate the Gun Fu style he has.

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    How iz it possible for a game like this to continue adding to the fun factor?...

Portrait of a losing side, proof positive that you can't outpunch machinery. Proof also of something else: that no matter what the future brings, man's capacity to rise to the occasion will remain unaltered. His potential for tenacity and optimism continues, as always, to outfight, outpoint, and outlive any and all changes by his society, for which three cheers and a unanimous decision rendered from the TouchArcade Zone.

7. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I agree completely. All premium games should be banned from the App Stote and only freemium/FTP should be allowed. If devs can't produce 100% bug free games then their developers licenses should be revoked.

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #969 oldsnake, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    I really Hope you're Not Serious.Banned? Licenses Revoked?
    Ah,Just Find You're Sarcastic,Sorry.

9. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm pretty sure Grimstone was just being sarcastic. Seriously though, something is wrong with that other person's device. If it can run perfectly fine on an iPhone 5, then it can definitely run on an iPad Air 2. Not the developers fault at all.

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Is Heracles still coming? Thought they scrapped him when they scrapped co-op?

11. Dante_Cubit

Dante_Cubit Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Hi guys,

I've backed the heck out of the movie on kickstarter. If you like the game, or just love mecha animation/anime, check out the teaser trailer on their Kickstarter page (link below)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774031583/implosion-zero-day

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Dang, did they mention that? That's actually news to me. I just thought they made him and then removed him for some reason but I didn't know he was actually scrapped. Who knows he could be back in a future future update? His design almost looked better than the other two mechs so I hope he comes back eventually..

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #974 demod1, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Wow! Each time this game does a price drop the amount of days is lessened by half… I was going to pick this up tonight, but I'm not going to pick it up for $10. I'll wait till next time you drop down to 5. : (
    Picked up This War of Mine for $5 instead : )

14. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Credits

Are there any big purchases that you eventually spend your credits on? I have a boatload of credits, way more than I can spend on the Arc items in the shop. Most of the items in the shop are worse than the ones I get from normal drops, so I rarely find myself buying anything (mostly just the center ones.)

15. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    For what it's worth, this game is still value for money at the $10.00 mark.

16. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    I got this one for free a while back, and have not played it yet.. Am I missing out on much? :)

17. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    It's definitely worth your time, and worth $5 or $10. Not my GOTY (that would be H&C2), but a solid 4 or 4-1/2 star game.

18. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    So what are the theories on the ending?? :). Spoiler cover up of course!

Do you think Jake survived but his mind got wiped, so they had to replace it with an AI and Diana ended up in the wheelchair as well, or was the whole thing not real and it was all in the imagination of "Diana?"

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]