Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    They should just make a devil my cry game for ios on this level i loved the game i would like to see more games of them kudos to you guys

2. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Tried the demo out on my new android phone (tsk tsk) last night and it played/looked incredible. Missed the look of the Zone of the Enders games from PS2 so that filled in that niche for me. But yeah, a DMC/Dark Souls-like game with this graphical output would be amaaaazing. Props to Rayark.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Usually i "only" show my support with my buy, but in this case, i had the urge to send Rayark an email to thank for an outstanding premium experience.

I can't beat this bloody mission C4-7 as Crimson (lv25), yet. Argh, how i hate those beasts. And whenever i think i know their pattern, they kick my butt again.
    At least, i finally beat my pain in the a$$ level C1-6 (maintain the wall). Rewarded me my 100th badge \o/, and i'm still not tired of this game.

4. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Timing enemy's Knockdown attack and dodge.

Avalon and its shield disintegration skill is great against Praetors. For everything else I find Crimson much superior.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Is that the one with lots of praetors?

If so...

erm, IIRC, there's a land bridge to the bottom left of the screen, just after you've passed through the door that dumps you amongst them.

It leads over to a nubble of land next to a thingumy destroyer / sub weapon - they're pretty ineffective if your enemies are at the outer periphery of their rays, but if you can land the centre on / very near two praetors that've followed you (and stop them from sprinting / fire-fisting away) then they're a remarkably effective means of taking 'em out.

And the thingumies (Centurions?!) at the end are surrounded by an absolute stack of weapons, so I'm guessing it isn't them...

6. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Thanks Quoad already, though i have a few more attempts first before i de-spoiler your help, lol. I'll let you know.

7. #787 AppUnwrapper, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    OMG. My heart is racing right now. Iron Oxide on Expert (I think my first Praetor on Expert?). That thing has so much XP, and knowing I couldn't fall back on a Revive made me hone my skills. Basically, I learned how to play now. But damn, that was a long battle. Probably should have used Avalon bc of his shield breaker. Instead, I had to chip away at it each time with Crimson lol. Good god.

I've also added more to my guide. Still adding as I think of useful bits of info.

8. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hi how many levels this game has?

9. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Thanks for the tip I'll try that maybe I should glue my eyes on every enemy moves and learn their attacks on easy mode first.Though I already have all the badge reward what's the use of badge now, hope they will add more on the next update getting all the badges unlock a new boss.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I can do one praetor (though by God it's tedious).

Swipe swipe roll; swipe swipe roll; swipe swipe roll; repeat ad nauseam

Will your new technique work for >1?

If so, I'm curious :D

Tbh, I'd love to hear any less tedious ways of taking out one praetor, too :D

11. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I fought that praetor soooooo long w Crimson, what I've learnt is that, if it's purple shields are up, take a maximum of 3-4 light hits before dashing away.

If it's shields are down, you get a couple of light and heavy hits in because it'll flinch like once or twice before it sucker punches you to the nearest wall. Smoke also seems to puff out of its back before it punches you.

Took me forever against one, but in C4-7 you face off against 3 praetors, I don't even want to imagine that right now. I'd much rather fight 2 goldies. I guess I'll formulate a strategy at that point. Currently still at C2-7 on expert #

12. That's basically what I did, but a few more slices at the risk of being injured. Otherwise it likely would have never ended. Expert is kicking my a$$. :p

13. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hey guys how many levels in this game? Is it better than dungeon hunter latest?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    There are 4 chapters and each chapter has like 10 levels or so. So you're looking at roughly 40 levels. And yes it's better than Dungeon Hunter. Not even really a competition there.

16. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #796 Qwertz555, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Yehaw, i finally beat this C4-7, though on easy, but still. Took me a while to hone my strategy and put the right equippment together.
    I was shown the two achieved badges, then i pushed confirm and both were gone. Instead of 107 back to 105.
    Before, the same happened twice with Medusa C3-8 "don't let her do a certain action". The third time i was rewarded.

The first time i've encountered an issue with this game. Anyone else, too?

PS: fyi, i re-booted after Medusa and i always have an empty multitask bar.

Edit: a 3 star reviewer in my store said "this is an uber cool hack'n'slash game with a great atmosphere, but i'm missing all the different weapons, outfits, characters and upgrades".
    I wrote "you hardly ever will get it all. Make the choice between this premium skill based game, or DH with all the shenanigans." (Don't want to say you don't need skills in DH)

Edit: seems the rewarded infinite shotgun caused that problem. Once disabled, everything is working again. Looks like the normal and hard mode require the default weapon to complete the missions.

17. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    1 Praetor is pretty easy on expert with Crimson.

Just move away, wait for the fire punch, dodge properly (very, very easy to time) do a normal (1 hit) + heavy combo then dash away. Repeat.

Once the shield goes down you can attempt a full combo without waiting for it to do a fire punch since it gets stunned before it can use its normal attack. Unless it uses its fire punch, then don't attempt a full combo since it can't be stunned out of that attack.

It's the same with Avalon except you can either knock off it's shield instantly or time stop to do 2 full heavy combos before dodging.

For 2 Praetors on expert go full ballistic and maybe just use Avalon as well for the anti-shield attack.

This game isn't super hard if you don't just button mash the strike attack

18. Rayark Inc

Rayark Inc Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Android hotfix & future updates

Hi guys..we are posting to let you know that we are working on Android hotfix now. The future updates are also under development; the primary addition would be endless mode. We'll share more details at later stage, thanks for all of your support!

19. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    WOW...and my jaw dropped again...

**awakens again after fainting**

If done right, this could rocket this pearl on top of my favorite games not only this year, no, EVER!!!

@Rayark
    If you aren't only sort of a roboting post writer...
    Any very roughly estimated release date, please?
    And could you clear my badge issue in post #796, please?

20. Ah crap. Now I can never delete the game from my iPhone. :p
    So glad you guys use iCloud, bc endless mode will make this a game I'll keep wanting to come back to.