Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I bought it. Also on the "I have an iPad Air 2 and I want my Retina graphics" train, and I imagine this was some kind of glitch that will be fixed in an update. I mean, the trailer for the game is in HD for crying out loud, it clearly runs at retina quality. They just need to fix it.

As for the length, consider this. Looking at unlocks for badges, you need 140 badges to get the last unlockable. Each stage gives 2 badges, one for easy mode, and one for hard mode. I don't have Expert mode unlocked, but let's assume that Expert mode has a similar layout and you get 2 badges possible per stage there two. So worst case scenario, Expert and Hard modes offer the exact same enemies just with more health/damage. Basically, they're the same level (I doubt they actually are, but we're talking worst case scenario here). So 4 badges total per unique level. 140/4= 35 levels.

That said, the amount of customization available for each mech, new weapons, and the second mech will add a ton of replayability. Also, there may be different enemy types exclusive to higher difficulty levels, and I'm sure that the enemies in each wave are different at each difficulty. But 35 levels at minimum isn't bad, and they might add some in later in updates.

2. Divorced

Divorced Member

Oct 22, 2014
    California
    Holy crap jts finally happening downloading it now

3. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Man I wish I could keep from focusing on that typo in the trailer.

4. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Wow, this is AMAZING. I never heard about it before today so it was quite a surprise for me. Only had time to play through the first mission but holy crap, this could possibly be the best iOS action game ever made.

5. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Math. Is there anything it can't do? :D No, seriously, good point, I didn't look at that screen too closely. By the way, I did mention earlier, I tried the first mission on Hard and there were definitely more/tougher enemies than Easy, though no new ones (though going by how DMC et al typically work it could well be like that on other missions).

6. So far this game is awesome. We have to get this on PS Vita. For god sake make it happened on this console.

7. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Who gave this 3 stars already? Has it even been out long enough to give it a rating?

8. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    somebody gave it one star 0: why?

9. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Oh, wait, forgot one thing </facepalm> - some stages have multiple badges (up to five or six). My bad. So that doesn't tell us how many levels there might be.

10. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Jesus christ man that boss
    scared the crap out of me after I killed him. I lost one life after he pawed at me after he came smashing w his arms after going down.

By the way have you figured out how the revives work?

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    If you like hack and slash in an amazing presentation don't even hesitate. Buy this game. What fun! Going back to it. There's so many upgrade and let me tell you they got the on screen controls down right. I can't tell you I think this is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.

Billy

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just started, but even on the ipad air 1 the character avatar uses low res assets. Even the backgrounds have significant pixels on them.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ridiculous. They don't even post why

14. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    The trailer mentioned coop. Anyone know how it works or how to access it??

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats what I like to hear!

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

That trailer showed gameplay on a TV so that could be the android TV version of the app.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Using an IPhone 5s with IOS 8.2

I also wanted to say I've had no crashes or lag. Seems to be pretty solid. And I'm not seeing any pixelations. Everything looks good to me.

Billy

18. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Someone mentioned that it crashes on start-up, maybe it's because of that. Or maybe you people hyped up this game way too much.

I don't think anyone really relies on TA player ratings here though.

19. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Well damn

20. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Playing on my iPad Mini. Solid and smooth framerate but it is kinda blurry. I would totally trade the high framerate for more crispness tbh