Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Ah damn it. Bought it instead of waiting for more impressions. Me and my impulsive buying, hope that I wont regret it. This can easily be one of the most hype game I have ever seen since I joined TA one year ago.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

How does it look on a 6 plus guys?

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    did you look at my screenshots I posted? and yeah fuzzy is what I meant xD the game looks nice it's only the character that looks fuzzy

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Want to stay positive and downloading now, but my guess is that this was way over-hyped. While it will probably be a "good" game, it's not going to be a life changer.

Post impressions in a bit.

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Its here ajisnshaksndjs

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... This downloads abnormally slow.

7. Parvin

Parvin Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm so tempted to get this now, but I'm really holding back since I'd like to get some reviews.

And I hope the price doesn't drop a few days later

8. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Took me about 30 minutes to finish downloading. Abnormally odd for a 1.3 GB download :/

9. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    A life-changer, no, probably not. But it is very good so far. Died three times to the chapter 1 boss (eight missions in the chapter) and while I still think his design looks like a twelve-year-old sneaked into the developers' studio (sorry, Rayark! :D ) he was fun to fight and I'd like to go back and try and beat him "properly". If nothing else - I mean, there's definitely plenty more to the game than this :p , but while I hate to bash people's work for no reason Implosion is already showing there's absolutely no excuse for Godfire to have been designed the way it was. (I like what I've played of Godfire, but so far the combat is just... nothing, compared to Implosion.) You can do a proper ARPG with fairly high-end graphics on mobile and touchscreen. You don't have to turn everything into simple taps or great big swipes. Christ, while I don't especially want a game like this to be F2P, the first company to figure out how to push a really big-budget Diablo clone on mobiles and monetise it effectively is going to make so much money.

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I gotta ask, does anyone know what the supported devices are? I'm assuming iPhone 5 and up but I'm not sure.

11. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    ️️mmm yeah this game got to much hype but otherwise still pretty good. implosion > godfire

Hope to see more from rayark maybe more rhythm music games!

12. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Your reason for free 2 play

13. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    screenshots are HD :D but when you actually play it... hmm.. maybe because this been in development since 2013 0.0

14. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Not full retina is enough for me to go :confused: , but so far I don't remotely feel like I've wasted my money. It's a minor black mark, but not a dealbreaker by any means. It's still running beautifully and plays well enough I don't want to put it down to do the housework I ought to be doing right now. :D That's good enough for me.

My main concern so far is how long will it turn out to be - I don't put as much value on completion time as some people, and I won't be crushed or anything if it turns out to be three chapters, but if they're all over this quickly then Expert mode will need to be a lot harder to stop me feeling disappointed. It is fun, and it's got a bit more challenging, but not that much.

15. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    #55 Lucidra, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Impressions (Only having gone through the first 2 stages)

Firstly, game doesn't look like it was optimised for Retina resolution, but it's sharp enough as it is and shouldn't pose as much of a visual problem. Opening cutscene is beautiful, what to expect its a Rayark game :)

Gameplay wise the default method of controlling works well for me and I haven't had any problems with regards to pressing any buttons, or missing them, for that matter. There doesn't seem to be an alternate form of controlling or manoeuvring the on-screen controls in any way. The Warmech unit you pilot, Avalon seems to get stronger on a level-up basis. Experience for levelling can be obtained by finishing all the missions and finishing the tutorial mission is sufficient to get your mech 4 exp shy of level 2 (for me at any rate).

Missions have special objectives at the end (Such as breaking all the containers in the level, which contain the in-game currency, credits [tutorial mission] and managing to not be knocked down [second mission] ). You'd collect different modules throughout the levels which can be equipped onto your Warmech after the completion of a level at the ARK system page.

Level design seems fairly linear, there's always an arrow that guides you towards you objective in every mission, there aren't a lot of things to sidetrack from apart from breaking containers to obtain currency. You can interact with the environment as well (i.e. A spinning blade on the floor damages you if you walk through it, but you can push other Warmechs to them to damage them as well.)

Gameplay is smooth and I've not experienced any FPS drops on my iPhone 6. Missions load relatively quickly too after you've selected and started them. The combat system is pretty much based on a timing that you mash the 'strike' button, with the option of switching between heavy and light strikes while chaining them consecutively together. You'd also get a ranged weapon of sorts, which can be used by dragging the 'strike' button and using it as an aim.

I've found that the heavy attacks seem to be more rewarding in the early stages of the game, a heavy attack is usually enough to knock out the Warmechs that head my way while light moves only seem to do a trickle to their HP bar. I'm not sure if this was intended but it does make the player rely slightly more on heavy moves to knock out units they encounter.

In addition to this, there's a dodge button and a skill that's unlocked for you at the beginning which allows combat to remain fresh. Skills are expended with RA, which is garnered through combat within the mission and have a cool down, or 'overload'. There are 2 other slots on screen which I assume is for other skills that may be unlocked in later parts of the game. There seems to be another Warmech called Crimson that will be unlocked once you have enough badges. Mission lengths are rather short, about 5 - 10 minutes per level.

16. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #56 EightRooks, Apr 8, 2015
    On the screen for your modules, with the ring of slots for different pieces of loot, there's a central slot. That seems to be linked to skills somehow, though the game hasn't mentioned this in any way. I've already picked up a couple of items I can swap into there, and they seem to come with different skills assigned - but I'm not a high enough level to actually swap them in yet. EDIT: Oh, yes I am. Ho ho ho, some of these look interesting. One of them busts energy shields open - that would have been useful on the last couple of missions. <_< Oh, well, live and learn.

17. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I am: you get new abilities :) it's awesome

18. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    Is this worth to buy?

I hope its like MHFU mechanics which is you can play again some levels, crafting swords, armors and playing with others through multiplayer.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh man in ready to buy this baby when i clear some room on my device. I just hope the game is long or has high replay value.. I don't really want a game I can finish in one sitting.

20. skullcruncher

skullcruncher Member

May 7, 2014
    #60 skullcruncher, Apr 8, 2015
    I have been waiting on this game for a while now and finally got to play it. The gameplay is pretty fun, I like the way you can combo heavy and light attacks for different combos and such. Also the ability to bring out a gun and shoot it on the fly is pretty awesome.

Overall I am loving this game so far. Even the voice acting is great. (Most of the time)

P.S. This games presentation is amazing. The menus are really slick and snappy. Happy with my purchase so far.