Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Well to just beat the game, around 3-4 hours. But if your going for every badge, hard mode, plus expert mode, your looking to at least triple that.

2. There are different special attacks you can learn, but they're attached to equipment. You can also use equipment to mess with your stats to fit your play style (for instance, more power vs more defense).

I don't find it any more repetitive than other hack 'n' slash games. There is some strategy involved at points -- you can't always just run in and mash buttons. And the badges add a whole new dimension. Some of them are really hard to get.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Phew, expert mode is really tricky. Tons of HP and I'm only speaking about trash mobs. My WM-III is maxed out and I barely deal any damage. Meanwhile the enemy is laughing on my strongest AoE skill.
    I tought there were some special drops which arent available on hard mode but I didnt had one single drop in the first three missions. Seems like there arent any drops on expert. So it's all about skill I guess. Cant imagine how horrible the boss fights will be. D:

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome, I loved your guide for hero emblems :) any clue what endurance impacts? Does power effect ballistics the same as swords...is it something like 50% damage or what?

Anyone have ideas?

5. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    No hacker here and I got 10 000 for every level in stage 1

6. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    #466 Geertyy, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    I didn't immediately wanna take the bait after all the hype, but reading all the good impressions I had to download it now! Can't wait to try out this premium AAA experience for iOS!

Edit: just played the first level and I'm already blown away! So happy right now :D

7. Wow. That's impressive. On Hard, too? Because I believe those are the only numbers that show on GC.

8. Thanks. :) I don't think I'll make video for every level this time! But I do want to provide as much info as possible.

I do wish the game explained all the stats. But I would like to gather that information if possible.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    The only 'hack and slash' game I've ever really enjoyed is bayonetta so anyone got any opinions on whether I'll like this or not?

I want to like it.... Just not sure if I will because it's a genre I'm generally not that into

10. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I normally only like turn-based strategy games like Pike and Shot, Panzer Corps, Commander great war, Battle Academy etc...

Action games are just not my genre. I normally would never buy a hack and slash game but yes I bought this game and yes I like it a lot. I'm having a great time playing this game.
    I would recommend it to everyone, even those who normally never play this kind of games.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This game has raised the bar so high for all future 3d brawlers, and even Infinity Blade-likes.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im unsure about endurance, but im thinking it affects hp maybe. But im pretty sure power doesNOT affect ballistic damage.

13. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Is it really that good?

14. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    endurance = its the other words for DEF. thats what i learn from the game.
    and yes, it does not affect the long range weapon dmg (ballistic)

and guys, where can i find some info about HERACLES ??? (the 3rd warmech), i just read about the 3rd one from 99999 pages before this. is it true that will be a 3rd one ? if so.... it will be so awesome!!!!

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Bayonetta is on another level. A very far level above this.

This is an enjoyable hack’n’slash for iOS. If you play for what it is, it’s quite good.
    The complexity of combos and variety is a fraction of Bayonetta, visual effects, graphics, enemy variation, etc. you name it.

If you buy this without comparing to something like Bayonetta — taking in consideration you liked Bayonetta —, I guess you could like it. Also remember that the theme of the story is also quite different. Out “sexy” women, angels and demons; in Robots and zombie-like creatures.

16. Speaking of which...I love the way some of the Xada play dead until you walk into them and then they rise up in that creepy Exorcist way. :)

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This is nothing like Bayonetta.
    While it is indeed an hack'n slash game there are still sub-genres you'll have to take in consideration and the overall gameplay differences of them are huge.
    Bayonetta is like God Of War, Devil May Cry, etc.
    This one is more of an dungeon crawler like Diablo, Torchlight, etc. but with an sci-fi setting.

18. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #478 Leegames, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    I definitely feel like this is more DMC and GoW than Diablo, simply because of the fighting style and exploding combos. But well different opinions are fine, and I think we both agree the game is brilliant. :)

I love it more every time I play it. It is just so well done and satisfying to play.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So where'd you place the armor stat? I dont see a dnd definition in the game so that felt redundant in implosion.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I always thought endurance might be how long you can get hit before you fall over. But that's just me guessing. That's the first thing that comes to my mind.