Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #421 Opheus, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Ok there seem to be a lot of of confusion about the ARK system so I want to share some tips about this. These are just from my own experience so if someone found any mistake, please correct me. Ok here go

1. You can equip four type of ARKs, they are Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Lambda (the big one in the middle, thanks Exact - Pscience for telling me this).

2. Most of Alpha ARKs modified your melee and ranged attack power, light and heavy attack power... so I consider them offensive ARKs.

3. Most of Beta ARKs modified your shield, endurance,... They are defensive ARKs

4. Most of Gamma ARKs modified stat like critical rate, item drop rate, hp recovery rate... and most importantly your HACKING skill. They are utility ARKs. At 18 badges, you can choose between Cerberus Algorithm or Eidetic Memory as reward. ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS go for Cerberus Algorithm since this is the ONLY ARKs offer you level 3 hacking. If you plan to complete badge that require open secret doors and such, this ARK is a must.

5. Lambda ARKs (again, the big one in the middle) are the bread and butter of your warmech. The other type of ARKs modify your stat while Lambda ARKs modify your active skill ranging from deactivate enemy shield, slow time, active a shield that damage enemies close too you, deal large amount of damage to multiple enemies... You can read the skill description if you tap the Lambda ARK then tap on the skill on your left to find out more, but to me the best way is just go and test them out in actual combat. To use these skill, you need rage, the second bar right under your HP bar. You fill up rage by attack enemies with melee attack ONLY, yeah ranged attacks don't fill your rage. Needless to say, the stronger the skill, the more rage consume. Some Gamma ARKs increase the amount of rage you get per attack.

6. These ARKs range from basic (blue), advanced (orange) and excel (red) with excel being the strongest. ARKs have level requirement as well, you need to be level 20+ to equip a level 20 ARK. I rarely find useful ARKs in the shop, most of my ARKs are from farming

7. A bonus tips for anyone manage to unlock Crimson. She has three Alpha ARK slots and her mobility far exceed Avalon, making her an ideal sniper. In missions that require you to kill enemies with ranged weapons only, no knock down, no losing health, consider using her instead of Avalon. Load her up with ranged damage increase ARKs, soften the enemies from afar then dash in to finish them.

And that it, feel free to correct anything you find wrong, and please pardon any grammar or spelling mistake. English is not my mother tongue.

2. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    That's a great guide, Opheus, for newbs and vets alike. Kudos!

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Only just found out about this. I'm a bit cautious considering the price tag, so how does this compare to, say Monster Hunter?
    Also what's this about? Like is it an RPG or what?
    Thanks for any info :)

4. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    How many mechs can we unlock? Avalon and Crimson?

5. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Some old game footage show a third mech Heracles. Not sure if they will include him in future update but for now there is only two Avalon and Crimson

6. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    On page 10 of this forum, there is a gameplay video by SwipeNova, and a detailed impression by Exact-Psience. Check those out if you want more info. For me, MHFU is super hardcore whereas this game is more mobile and casual friendly.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Great guide there Opheus, but it's actually Lambda, not Theta. :)

8. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Lol thanks I edited my old post

9. boorch

boorch Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    happydoze.com
    truly the best control scheme i've ever played on a touchscreen. it's surprisingly comfortable having light/heavy/ranged attack on a SINGLE button(?). AAA grade cinematics and graphics. Recently the game is updated to the retina graphics btw.

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Thanks for that :)

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Do you have a link to a video with Heracles? I'm curious to see how he looks in action :)

@Duivs: Hey there bud! Not sure about your game taste but I really love this game. If you like hack and slash games with some good quality and RPG elements, this is the game to get. Not really comparable to MHFU. MHFU is what I would call a monster hunting simulation game. rofl. That's not even a real thing.

12. Revengercm

Revengercm Active Member

May 14, 2014
    Does it look good on iPod5/iPhone4s?

13. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    nice game but as with a lot of other ios games around here, sure gets overblown on the quality front. it's a highly repetitive hack and slash at its core with an obnoxiously cheesy storyline/dialogue.

that said, on a technical standpoint, it nails touch controls for a d-pad type game better then anything else I've ever played on ios. the update really did wonders for the visuals issues and it's very cool to have production values like this, that opening video was incredibly impressive. it's the first game that I've played that has nailed the controls so much that even though I have a mfi controller, didn't really care to reach for it and connect it, it really does control that well.

all that said, this is a 3 star out of 5 game on the 3ds and given what a high end ios device can do, it shouldn't be rated much higher then that on this as well...for an ios game, its a 3.5...unbelievable control, cant think of many that control better and it sure has all the bells and whistles of a high end production game but at its core the gameplay is repetitive. It's probably a victim of it's genre, hack and slash games have long been played out. double dragon was fun in the 80's and dynasty warriors does it's best to prolong the tradition but button mashers only go so far. all these games add gimmicks to make you think button mashing won't be enuf but it's never surprising how far into them you can get by mashing away.

I thought for the most point, I was playing a really kick butt tech demo

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Downloaded. I'm so keen :D

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I've got to give this a deserved 5* rating. People, make what comparisons you will, I don't care. Go play any other game on iOS and tell me that it has the storyline, fantastic cut-scene stills (ala Metal Gear), excellent voice acting and overall sound production that screams high quality and dedication, the optimal touch screen controls, more-than-forgiving (but ultimately PLEASING) combo build meter, and engaging power-up system.....and....I didn't think so.

This game sits in a echelon of its own. There are similar games that have tried and failed (and lost real estate on my phone because of it). This game is truly the real deal. If you can't appreciate this, just stay away from mobile gaming in general, because you're missing the point.

P.S. I deleted 4 games off my device to make room for this....games I thought I'd nigh part with......I have no regrets....not in the least

16. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #436 EightRooks, Apr 11, 2015
    Ha, ha, ha, no. Either you haven't got that far or you're much, much better at videogames than you think you are. Button mashing will not get you through this. End of story.

EDIT: Maybe if you've unlocked Crimson? But I'm pretty sure the second chapter boss could still kill her in a couple of hits if you gave it the chance. You can definitely criticise this game - it's far from perfect - but it's not remotely a mindless hack-and-slash.

17. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #437 Opheus, Apr 11, 2015
    Sorry maybe I misunderstand the word "footage", didn't think that it mean a video, I only got an old article of the game, if you scroll down you can actually see three mech Avalon, Crimson and Hecrales. Apologize if I rise your hope. Here is the link, by the way : http://2p.com/5085185_1/GDC-2014-Latest-Review-of-Rayarks-Upcoming-ARPG-Implosion-by-sol748.htm

18. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Didn't hyperlink

EDIT: Darn it, thought it might show up in the response

19. GamerZ101

GamerZ101 New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    #439 GamerZ101, Apr 11, 2015
    Load game bug

This bug is really damn annoying.. everytime when i load my icloud save, it gets me to a unknown "diana" level with nothing but red screen, i cant do anything it just froze..
    [​IMG]

Anyone know how to fix this? :(

20. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    I also agree this is not just a mindless button masher, maybe at the first few levels but after that you really have to time your dodge and hits, by that standard you can call god of war a button masher too, i also saw the page showing 3 robots, by the looks of it this game was ftp at the beginning they have 2 currencies at the bottom and the first robot was all around and second long range and fast and 3rd one a heavy strong robot, maybe we get him with new chapters as an inapp purchase or a free update, also i still think they can update the resolution a little higher on new gen devices.