Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

After some more quality time with this AWESOME game, I can safely recommend it to anyone who likes hack-n-slash games. The production value is sky high; the story, cut-scenes and voiceovers are through the roof, and most importantly, the game is just plain fun.

It's cool that you can go back and replay earlier levels to try for the different badges. I'm enjoying trying out the different combos on groups and single enemies to find the best way to go.

Just a question about the first special "dash" ability (next to the roll button): Is there a way to direct the attack at a specific enemy? I try aiming the directional cursor and pressing the button but it doesn't always go where I'm aiming.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes the higher you level up the more of those items go on sale.

A simple rule of thumb to make your life easier is to always get a emblem with the disintegration move. That's probably the most necessary skill later in the game.

3. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #403 EightRooks, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    It's not vital - the first three bosses do not have shields, for starters, and breaking the shield doesn't always stagger the big types of enemy, which may leave you open to attack. But it's certainly very useful.

I picked my current one up - with three slots - as a random drop a good way before the end of chapter two. I've hardly touched the store, to be honest. But I dunno, perhaps I was just lucky.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    As sky high as the piracy rate on this game, unfortunately.
    I still hope it pays off for the devs and they wont regret the decision to make a premium priced game with a high production value. Maybe considering to bring some content updates, too.

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Which one is that? Those emblems are nothing but confusing. I'm not even sure I have anything like that yet, I'm still in Chapter 1. I like the game so much I'm moving really slow on purpose. I just don't want it to end too soon. Nobody confirmed how long the game actually is yet (or at least I didn't catch that information), so I'm really not rushing into it just in case.
    Yeah, but I'm just a few levels in the game so far. Chapter 1, probably level 6 or so. I replayed those levels multiple times because I was trying to get those badges, but some of them are impossible to get as of right now. For example to beat a level in 150 seconds (my best is 4 minutes no matter what) or to unlock the secret room (I need to obtain a hack stat first I guess) and so. And I'm not even saying after first 6 badges I was given an option to claim some price, but I tapped on the first item and there's no way to go back, so yeah.

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
  7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Sooo impressed with this in every way.

What exactly happens when you level up? Just started and level 3 but not seeing much difference.

What do all the stats do? Power is obvious but endurance could be a few things...I guess hacking will be explained to me all in due time. Rage?

Thanks for any input folks...

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011

It's vital because the majority of the game isn't boss fights, it's standard enemies and mini bosses. Unless you want to eat damage getting ambushed by a bunch shielded brutes then that skill is vital. Staggering isn't a big deal. I roll behind them then use it. However you can beat the game without using any of the skills so not having it isn't going to stop you from winning. I've found that skill more useful than any of the attack skills.

During the actual boss fights you can just use one of your other skills.

@mac: disintegration is the skill that says in the description it destroys shields. Something similar to that. :)

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm sorry, but either I have no skill like that yet or I just can't find it. I'm just 6 levels through the 1st Chapter, main character level 6 as well. If there's any description for each item, I don't know where. Some of those items have detail stats on the left, some have none. But no further description whatsoever. But I sense it's just because I'm not deep enough in the game I guess. Anyway, thanks for the usefull hint, I'll keep that in mind for later stages.

10. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Anyone know how my chapters there are?

11. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How do you unlock/hack the extra doors to get the badges? It's really been bugging me.

12. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Congrats on the expecting bro #

13. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Amen

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh so it's a skill. Just go to your ARK set up. Tap the big emblem in the middle (that has all your skills). It should show you all the skills on your left, and you can tap a skill to see what it does.

You then hit SHOP on the top right to go buy new emblems. Each one will have different skill set ups and different mech boosts.

I realize this is a bit confusing and I actually think a good number of players don't realize there is a shop for each type of ARK item.I mainly focus on using my money on main emblems.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh yes, it's quite confusing! But with your guide I was able to find exactly what you mean. I can see the detailed description for each skill now, thank you! And I was right, I've got just 3 skills at the moment and none of them has the ability to destroy shields. There are some in the shop but I'm not leveled up enough to be able to use them. Anyway, it's great to know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Once again, thanks!

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    No problem! For the first mech i think the two most useful skills are shield disintegration and the vortex attack (that auto slashes surrounding enemies). However the votex takes a lot to charge so I probably need to find equips that extend the RA bar. I'm sure you'll find some skills you'll prefer :)

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This is all I look forward to. Planning on building a custom PC but haven't started yet, and my Xbox just went Red Dot of Death on me. :(

18. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    What items did you buy for this?

19. Linebarrel86

Linebarrel86 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cog in the corporate machine.
    In my skin...
    Are there any plans for more chapters to this game? Loving it so far and don't want it to end.

20. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Good games can still make money on the app store, Monument valley is a good example of that (even though piracy of that game was ridiculous as well). I think they would have made the game free with a $9.99 unlock-all IAP like the way it is on Android if they weren't afraid that their ratings would take a huge hit (cus of all the F2Pers who would get confused and rage in the comments about not getting an amazing console experience for free).