Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Watched a video for a while. Some of the fighting looks like Marvel future Fight and Taichi Panda which are free.

Apart from being premium is there anything that stands out from those other free games that makes it worth buying?

There's King's Road also. They are all mission based and all seem to have similar fighting physics.

I am interested in buying this but can't see any real difference between this and other free games so is there any reason I should buy it?

I'm really interested just don't want to spend $10 if there's no huge difference between the other games.

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #342 oscar123967, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Having a blast with this game so far. Worth the wait :D the bosses are really fun.

Oh and guys, can we have a discussion about the game? I really wish it was possible to time people out from a specific thread (at least i dont think it is...). Its a huge problem here in TA, not enough game discussion in the game's thread! All it is most of the time is just useless spam page after page after page... after page after page and so on

And what happens? Well the people who actually want to contribute to the thread leave and the people who contribute to the nonsense stay

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #343 russiaone, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Amen, brother.

I wish TA would implement some sort of "can't see that ignored user has posted something." I don't wanna know if someone i ignored is posting.

Anyway, back on topic.

I know i said i wouldn't post anymore, but i can't help meself.

What the hell is RA?
    LOL

A: RA are the three rage powers above the attack button.

This game needs a glossary. I know i might've missed it, but i'm totally trying to get this badge, but have no idea.

4. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    amen. playing the first boss and learning its moves in order to beat it is one of the best times in recent memory iv had with an ios game and now im eager to see the second one. one question, can you only equip more than one special attack later on in the game?

5. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

To add to that.....what makes it worse, is that people who have REAL questions on the game......often get overlooked because with all the spam....the actual persons post moves like 3 pages back (still waiting on the iphone to ipad cloud save question to get answered) :)

6. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Yea we kind of do need a glossary. I haven't for the life of me figured out what rage is. But RA was explained earlier though, sth to do w the reactor of the Warmech, probably reactor attack? Or sth along that line.

7. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Hey, thanks, Lucidra.

It's simply "rage" abbreviated.

Loving the fact i'm enjoying this game so much i want to know what everything means.

As well, i love that badges are not just superfluous "achievements."

8. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm thinking of buying the game and am trying to get more information about it such as what difference is there between this and some free games like Taichi Panda etc

I just want a bit more than 'it's fantastic you should get it' lines. Can someone please help. This is not spam. I'm interested in buying it.

9. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    So I just saw this game when I looked at featured games list on the App Store. What sort of game is this? Length? Multiplayer? Looks awesome in the trailer.

10. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    It's a great game but RA is a terrible abbreviation for rage. And they spelt buffalo wrong :( although I'm not sure if that was intended.

The amount of detail and effort shines through, just look at the ark system. Alpha, beta, theta and lambda have so many different types with so many different pictorial representations. It's the small things that separate games like these from the less well made ones.

I like the badge system but some goals are seriously insane. There's one where you face like 3 praetors simultaneously then 3 centaurs a couple of rooms after.

Guess what the special objective is? No revives used. Man I spent at least 30 minutes trying to get that badge. I didn't even come close. This was on easy mode to boot.

Ohwell at least there's a challenge... :p

11. Lucidra

Apr 11, 2014
    Majority has been covered in the previous 37 pages but I'll save you the trouble. It's a single player premium hack and slash with ZERO IAPs and requiring no connection to the Internet (unless you wna cloud sync your save files)

Had an issue of non-retina graphics but as of now the update has been rolled out and graphic issues have been fixed.

For now nobody seems to have finished it, but I'm on chapter 4 mission 7 (8 missions per chapter, 5 minutes roughly per mission). Works out to around 3 hours assuming you pass every mission without fail ;)

There are objectives to be attained during missions called badges (ah all the more incentive to replay the levels). Levels so far are on difficulties [easy] and [hard]. There's an option on the title screen for expert but I assume that's after the end game.

Gameplay style reminds me of a mix of DMC and Darksiders II, attack combo sequences based on the timing at which you press buttons.

If you like games with epic boss fights, just buy this game cos the bosses here are hella cool and boy do they pack a punch.

The Warmech you pilot is fully customizable (stats wise, appearance remains the same).

I believe co-op multiplayer has been mentioned but no such implementation as of now but give it time, it's a Rayark game, there are always updates for new content :)

Lastly, it's a Rayark game. What're you waiting for?! Just mash the buy button already!

12. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    /topic

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm at about 2 hours of game time and just finished the first boss because I went and did badges and some mindless grinding. Really fun! Lots of different items and rarities really keeps it fresh.

As for the super hard stuff, I'm sure that's saved for endgame. The first area has a speed run badge and I can't even get close. You must need the new mech to kill that fast!

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Randomized dungeons for endgame would make this stay on my phone forever.

15. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    It's an action role playing game featuring mechs with swords fighting zombie-like enemies, and mech enemies. The playstyle is similar to Taichi Panda, but this is a single player, story-focused game with good voice-acting, and a a sci-fi theme. I'm impressed by fhe level of polish on this game. It's worth $10. The mechs look great, and remind me of the mechs in Xenigears and xenosaga.

16. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

For those having the same issue as me, I have sent an email to Rayark about the icloud option not letting me sync between my ipad and iphone. If I get a reply I will post it here. This really sucks. I am constantly switching back and forth between ipad and iphone so if the icloud saves dont work, im gonna be really bummed

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Oh god. Just imagine. Something i wished BHL had

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I got that speed run one pretty easily. If you gain a few levels, and invest in some ark upgrades that grant you big power bonuses, you can complete them. The ones that are the most difficult to me are the ones where you can't be hit by traps, as they get much harder as the game progresses. I'm only in chapter 2, probably have put 3 hours into the game (again, trying to earn all the badges before I move on). There were definitely a few badges in chapter 1 that I am still unable to get, so I had to skip them to come back to them. I'm loving every second though, it's an absolute joy to play. And it's been pulling me away from heroes and castles 2, which is no small feat.

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    That would be amazing for BHL, though I can't imagine it would be too hard for them to do because they already have the arena mode that throws endless waves of random enemies at you. I really hope they update that soon, I need an excuse to get back into it.

20. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Just started the game. Opening scene very nice. Makes me wonder if there's a mech anime series on this haha. Like the "anime" style, like gundam, FF.

Opening scenes for campaign great as well. Really sets the tempo / scene for the campaign.
    Graphics wise, good on retina, me playing on Ipad4. No lag. To think I can still have such games on ipad4, a not so new device.
    Completed the first mission, those who say its mindless pressing of attack button is wrong. There's really a combo combination. Many in fact. I like so far (only one mission btw) 2 hits plus attack combo.

After mission complete. I get to take a look at the ark system, wow.. I really need like a glossary/ guide? Seems there's many customization options for your mech!

The voice acting is good too. Maybe future updates can add more "history" for those who wish to get deeper into the story.
    For the price of this game, I don't find it high as there are other higher priced games which I personally don't enjoy as much, (it's subjective to each individual) and do not mind future paid DLC contents for evolving this, as I don't see this as "mobile" games but a premium game for my gaming platform device.

Oh, the cockpit view in opening, nice, haha maybe one day we have a cockpit view mode.

A good game that exceeds price expectations.