Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    The f2p comment #

2. ShadeRavenDawn

ShadeRavenDawn New Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Just like everyone else, I've been waiting an eternity for this game. Before I make the final step and purchase it, there is co-op multiplayer right? That was one of the main features they stressed.

3. skullcruncher

skullcruncher Member

May 7, 2014
    I have been playing this game since yesterday and I gotta say, this game keeps getting better and better. I just just unlocked Crimson and damn she is really strong. All her stats are significantly better than avalons (and Crimson is only 1 level above Avalon)

Can't wait to try using her to get those annoying final stand medals. I feel they will be a lot easier with her.

4. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    yea only with 2 mfi controllers though. would be epic to play if i could manage to pair two controllers to the same device, but i cant for whatever reason

5. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I don't get how to sync between my phone and my iPad. :/ I used the sync on my phone, booted up on iPad do I have to do the tutorial first?

6. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #306 Bliquid, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I really want this, and the reception here is heart warming.
    But...
    Prepared to be "ripped to shreds" i have to ask a solid statement about longevity. I have been checking this thread over and over to find the answer i need and still couldn't.
    Many here say 10 € aren't that much, but to me they are.
    So i need to be fairly sure that i get what i consider my sweet spot of satisfaction from every "unnecessary" purchase i make.
    So, again, could someone give me an approximate idea of the first run duration? And in what consists the eventual replayability?
    Is this more Diablo or Devil May Cry (in terms of endgame activities, i mean)?
    Thanks in advance.

7. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Just to note that it's possible to get stuck on 3-3, when you're fighting the Buffalo at the end (with the dogs and the guys who fire spread lightning balls). If you're knocked back into the top left corner of the large open area, behind the crates, it's impossible to get out again as far as I can tell.

Also Jesus but getting some of the badges is staggeringly tough. Too tough, IMO, though I'm sure plenty of people will disagree. "Don't break any boxes or containers" and "don't pick up any medkits" become close to impossible fighting in tight spaces - I've been knocked into medkits by enemies countless times already and had breakable containers hit through doors and walls. Hell, as far as I can tell once I failed 3-3 because a door opened and broke a container behind it (I didn't attack). It's a great game (and the bump in resolution is certainly welcome - no problems with the update here) but it's not perfect.

8. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    #308 machine56, Apr 9, 2015
    IF i update the game, WILL i lose my game progress ? because i just unlocked crimson and shes so smexy hot as hell omfgbbq yes please.

thank you

and talking about the price, meh, nothing to complain at all, 10 bucks is way too low for this game, seriously i'd pay more than that, and honestly i was hoping there is an iapp inside the game, but its not.
    i just want to support the developer because its worth it.

AND DID YOU GUYS NOTICE ALL THE COOL LOGO WORK FOR THE ARK SYMBOL ?? those are pro-work!!!!!

best regards from Mech Arts fan!!!!

9. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #309 chaos_envoys, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Devil May Cry, definitely.. The battles are satisfiying, and the devs just mentioned their plan for more content.. Their opening scene are just too good!!! I really like this game!!

Duration: i'm currently at stage 4, and it's about 4-5 minutes per stage.. There are a boss in every end of the stage, and you'll get two objective each stage that'll earn you two badges if you complete them.. Badges unlocks rewards..
    Replayability: it's fun to replay the stages just to earn more equips or in this game "ark systems", and leveling up.. Currently there are no endless mode, and i really hope the devs will add it in the future.. About the ark systems, there are four types of equips you can arm your warmech, alpha, beta, theta, and core.. You can equip 2 alphas, 2 betas, 2 thetas, and 1 core.. Currently the equips just alter the stats and the warmech skills, but it's varied enough to keep me interested..

10. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I can't tell you exactly how long the game is, but there's two difficulty levels per mission, and badges (extra objectives) to collect for each mission, some of which you need to be on hard mode to collect. There's also "Expert" on the start menu, though I don't think anyone's unlocked that yet (I assume it's when you beat the campaign). Collecting badges gets you extra loot to kit out your mech with, and also unlocks a second character with her own mech suit and moveset, apparently. It's not that much like Diablo - there's some loot, but only a few different types, and you don't see it visually on your character. There's not that many moves or powers to unlock. It's more about getting better at the game, going over the missions multiple times to try and do everything the game asks you to do and look like a badass/stop dying embarrassing deaths. :eek: It's not as deep as a DMC game, but it is much closer to that than just about any mobile game's got so far. When you go back over a level and play it properly, it feels very different to just blundering through it and getting knocked on your backside over and over.

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Really digging the Ark System. I'm having fun equipping new active skills just to see what they do and what new effect the game has to show off.

I really wish there was a tutorial for this, but I'm finding learning on the go ain't so bad.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #312 Leegames, Apr 9, 2015

Updated no problem. Had once, were it asked which save I would want to use (with enough stats to make the choice easy between both saves) so it seems pretty fail proof. :)

13. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'll definitely be picking this up Saturday. Only thing I'm on the fence about is if this game gives you a stiff challenge. I'm not expecting wayward difficulty but at least a good fight. Anyone ?

14. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I would say: it starts out pretty much a formality on "Easy" difficulty, but ramps up pretty sharply in chapter 2 or so, and the second boss in particular can be an absolute monster. I'm still dying repeatedly to certain types of enemy on Easy. Button-mashing will not carry you all the way. Trying to collect some of the optional badges can be screamingly tough, too. Full disclosure: I'm really not that good - I'm a grown man and what little skills I have are long since shot to pieces :D so your mileage may definitely vary. Still, just saying.

15. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Let's just say.. By chapter 4 you'll kind of understand why they give you 5 revives to use per stage :)

16. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm... CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING IT!..

It's gonna take like 20 hours (for real), but I'm ok with that! I can play Candy Crush while I'm waiting :)

I don't think I'll post impressions, since I don't think they'll actually be necessary at all... Still I have high expectations :)

Thank you, Rayark, for your existence!

17. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks to you and chaos_envoys for the answers.
    I actually realized that there are many delighted players here who love the game, and yet no one can say how long is the campaign.
    Assuming some must be playing it consistently, it must mean that it is fairly long and thus, i'll download it right away.
    If only it had an A.D.A. IAP...

18. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    #318 Mintslap, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Rayark with the fast response towards the community and immediately releasing a fix.
    I'm so happy, the future updates for this game is looking sound. Anyone who does not have this game yet and is still contemplating i completely suggest you buy it.
    The content and gameplay is amazing for its price. Support the developers for a masterpiece. Kudos Rayark!

19. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Thx ! Love a good positive forum. Anyway Now I'm definitely even more excited. And my skills are definitely pretty shitty when it comes to gaming as well. But I love it all the same. Cheers

20. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Any new on CO-OP multiplayer? I thought that was one of the main selling points in the first teaser? Or at least it is for me as playing co-op with my wife would be sweet.

Rayark, can you please confirm if Co-op is in or coming at all?