Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Thanks.

Devs don't have total control (unless it was changed recently) over the list of supported devices on the page of the game. As far as I know they can only choose "sets" of devices the game will work on. That's why most apps' descriptions have a note at the start saying in what devices the game works and in what ones doesn't.

I've seen some devs before forgetting to put such notes in the descriptions so I thought it was the same case here.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Well, great job on optimising this game for nearly all hardware generations, devs. Most devs these days just don't care but this gem clearly shows how even older hardware is able to pull that stuff up. It runs silky smooth on my iPhone 5. So, my respect to you for that.
    I'm in Mission 3 now so still too early for me to give full feedback but until now it's great.
    Ah, I think the skill menu needs a little tutorial.

3. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I totally agree. I was surprised it supports older devices, so many people are not left out, and seems old or new devices, the responses from TA members thus far was great

4. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    does anyone know how many chapters are there all together?

5. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I'm only up till 4-2 but at least you know there're at least 4 chapters #

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I saw someone in this thread saying that combo'ing is just about spamming without any timing or skill needed. I disagree on that. There are many combo variations where timing is indeed needed. There is a purple indicator showing up over your avatar showing you that you are able to vary your combo.
    There are some which I've found so far. Most of them need one or more quick strikes beforehand to pull off a bigger strike.
    1x quick strike, waiting for the indicator showing up and then striking again leads into an uppercut energy wave with the ability to enhance it even further.
    2x quick strikes, waiting and then striking again leads into an lightning threesixty slash.
    3x quick strikes, waiting and then striking again leads into an jumping corkscrew kind of slash.
    4x quick strikes, waiting and then striking again leads into jumping up and then stomping down into the ground.
    Etc etc...

So by any means, it's much more then just spamming the strike button. Pulling of those combos needs timing as well as skill cuz the enemy will also attack you while you are preparing your combos.

7. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #227 Stevencarla, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    just a little advice to the dev.
    yoy guys should add an endless mode in this game just like Samurai II: Vengeance. i think this makes the game more replaying value.

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    This!! I second on the endless mode!! And more loot please~ to make the game have a variety, add rare loots too :D

9. Lcfr

Lcfr Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Great game indeed.

But, what's up with the options in it?
    You can't even lower the music's volume, or even turn it off. Am I doing something wrong?

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Damn... What are the main differences between Crimson and Avalon?

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Any tips on that first boss? Keep getting my butt kicked.

Could not be more impressed with how this game turned out. The game play and control system are fantastic. So many ways to customize upgrades keeps the progression interesting.

Lastly....what a great week overall for premium games! Take that F2P....

12. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    This game is so awesome it's unreal. I can't believe I'm playing this on my phone! Absolutely no lag, perfect controls, and amazing graphics make this my favorite game on my phone for damn sure. Probably the best ios game I've ever played! No, scratch that, it IS the best iOS game I have ever played! Long live Implosion! Kind of reminds me of Metal Gear Rising, but waaay cooler...

13. Hem, don't take that way. Way cooler than MGR ? Impossible. Maybe Devil May Cry or Bayonetta can be considered better than MGR. But not Implosion. Implosion is a hack and slash made for mobile or at least handheld (again this game would be a blast on Vita) it's not a beat them all. Combo systems in the games i quoted, this is way cooler. Sorry.

14. Lucidra

Lucidra Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Is it just me, or are Praetors insanely difficult to handle 2 at a go? I mean one is usually bad enough, but 2? # Currently at 4-7 and loving the game, wish there'd be a way to customize how my Warmech looks though but that may be a stretch.

15. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Basically, her dash is longer and quicker, she use a spear so most of her attack cover wider range and can hit a lot of enemy. My favorite strategy is dash in, unleash a combo then dash out, perfect for large group of mob. She is a little slower than Avalon though so keep that in mind. Personally, I prefer her gor stage that require you to take no damage, don't utilize shield... IMO, Avalon is best for dealing large amount of damage to a single target while Crimson is more about crowd control. Currently still learning her combo, so used to Avalon #

16. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    This, I hope they update the game with this feature and coop play, everyone will have different warmech depend on their equipment. That would be totally sick.

17. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So what's the ETA for retina fix? Was it announced already?

18. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Soon

[​IMG]

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Nice to know that she's not just a color swap! Does she have her own voice-acting/story?

http://2p.com/5085185_1/GDC-2014-Latest-Review-of-Rayarks-Upcoming-ARPG-Implosion-by-sol748.htm According to this, there was a third mech called Heracles. I wonder if we will get to see him.

20. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Indeed she has her own voice and dialogue, but the story is still the same. Before the mission, you can choose between Avalon and Crimson, everything else is the same. I'm not really sure about Heracles though since that arrival is quite long ago, he might not make it to the final version of the game.