iPhone Imperium Galactica II - (by Digital Reality)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Mar 30, 2012.

1. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This is the best 4x space game on the iPad. Not only is all the original content here, but everything has been updated to touch controls beautifully. From playing the original and this port, it is obvious that the developers really thought about and cared about how this translated to the new platform. Campaign and Skirmish modes are present, spying, trading, diplomacy, ship-building, civ-building, all intact. The only thing that suffers visually are the movies, but I play games, I don't play movies. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a die-hard 4x gamer that doesn't like this port. Recommended.

2. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    #22 SSquared, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    Wow!!! Played this on PC. Very in-depth RTS game. It had some nice and unique features for the time. Random events could happen based on messages from other civs. Based on what I'm reading, it sounds like this is the full game and not one with missing pieces. I think I'm gonna have to get this one.

Edit: Just looked at the screenshots and totally forgot about it having planetary battles. That was why I originally bought it on the PC. RTS games were either solely in space or on the ground. I wanted one that gave the ability to have both and IG2 had it.

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    What does '4x' mean?

Cheers,

Jamie.

4. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate

5. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    A few compromises had to happen, is seems.

Tilt and rotate camera are gone. I really miss that w/ combat especially.

Also, you used to be able to rename any planet or ship. This made remembering resources / strengths (respectively) much easier. Name one planet "ShipzApoppin", for example, and you never had to cycle through Epsilon 1-6 to find your shipyard-rich planet.

6. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    How cool! Never heard this before but I love it!

Thanks.

Jamie.

7. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    If I recall, Master of Orion was the benchmark that established the space 4X genre in the '90s. Might have to give this one a whirl...

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ho... Lay... SHITE!! =oO

Guess I'm gonna have to beg for a little bump up on my spending limit this week... hit the buy button... Hope I can scrounge up enough change to get Bug Princess 2 on Wednesday as well...

But damnit, how great! And SO CHEAP! =oO
    I can't not get it... I'd never forgive myself.

9. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    How does this compare to starbase orion? I am thinking of buying a new strategy game for my ipad, but the lack of retina support really makes me sad :(

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I assume this will not come to the iPhone so I will ask, anyone heard if this might be released for the Mac?

11. StormRadar

StormRadar Well-Known Member

Looks ok

This looks ok. Not gonna buy it though.

12. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    Thanks for stoppin' by, though.

NEXXXXTTT!!!

13. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #33 Bool Zero, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    Hehe, it may have came out for Mac when it originally released a decade or so ago! It was an awesome game, and it took me a second to remember it but I owned it for PC when it came out, just forgot about it... Oldy but goodie! Anyway, I think the game went freeware in 2010 for PC (not trying to take sales away here, I personally now have bought the game twice). Aside from that no where have I ever seen it for Mac or mention of an IOS Mac port; though I wouldn't totally rule it out, though one has to keep in mind, this is an old game Afterall, not really market material for the Mac...

14. icepulse

Aug 7, 2008
    #34 icepulse, Apr 1, 2012
    I'd like to see Hedgimonia next. Another awesome title from the same developer:

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Cool story, bro.

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    #36 Mythbuster, Apr 1, 2012
    Who cares ... two useless postings from that guy... maybe it is just a Spamaccount for your Homepage which he has in his profile?

Cool game ... great that good old strategy games are coming more and more to the iPad.

17. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I am quite a big fan of 4x games...but after having a look at some gameplay footages and seeing the tilt and rotate camera in action, I don't think I can do without it !

18. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #38 Bool Zero, Apr 1, 2012
    Oh yes, Hegemonia! Yet another great I owned and forgotten about! Man was that a tough but fun game! It and Homeworld started the whole thinking in 3D RTS IIRC,

19. Stefx73

Stefx73 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Most useless post of the week ....nay....of the month

20. Stefx73

Stefx73 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Bought the game. It looks promising, but to be honest the graphics need to be re-rendered in a higher def.