iPad iMoonLander

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Haha! It takes impossible skill. The Blue Danube soundtrack is apt, but I would prefer 'beeps' and 'murps'. There was a strange bug that froze the screen, but that only happened once. All in all, this is a terrific addition to the on-the-go-retro-gamer's library.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Oh wow, this game is crazy hard, and the games a little buggy.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
  5. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    They're trying to port Lunar Lander and for that i give kudos.

It needs a few things:

1 - ditch the classical music (?!) and give us thrust sound, beeps and murps as mentioned, successful landing sound, etc...

2 - it starts out in medium zoom instead of wide zoom. big mistake. i found that if i thrust a bit from the start it pans out to a wide view like in Lunar Lander - starting the round from this view is a must!

3 - ship only rotates as far as 45 degrees on each side. this needs to go to almost 90 degrees.

4 - add feet to the lander. i appreciate the retro grafx but the ship could use a little more detail

5 - the ship feels a drop light to me - but they came close to the physics of the original (i have Atari Classics Evolved on my PSP and will play it tonight for comparison)

6 - more varied landscape with harder landing pads available worth more points.

with these simple fixes this game will go from 2.5 stars to 4 easily.

if you like Lunar Lander - for .99 this is worth it. i'd love to see these fixes implemented. it's going in my review.

6. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)