iPad iMob online problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sambo110, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I never get any money and energy while the app isn't open, the timers only countdown while the app is open, is it meant to be like this? Cause that would make it impossible to become rich etc.

2. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Happens to me too but if you plug it into the computer and let the idevice turn off with it running, it keeps counting. Or atleast for me it does

3. Nicarolina

Nicarolina Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Same

I have this same problem, when the update first came out i didnt have this problem, but now i am. hopefully this is not how it is suppossed to be, because it will take forever to gain levels and money

4. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Its doing this to me too... I wonder if this is the devs solution to cheaters setting their calendars on their devices ahead in order to get tons of money. It's possible that they could have implimented an ingame clock that only runs when the game is open

5. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Well that sucks. You get money every hour, so you would need to play the game for heaps of hours to get good money. This game just got crap. I thought it was good at first.

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

From reading the in-game forum, it seems the developers did do this deliberately. A very VERY stupid thing to do. I moved to iMafia...b'bye iMob.

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    They gotta be joking, right? RIGHT???!! :mad:

8. schplurg

I'm not positive because the Devs don't seem to participate in their own "report bugs" forums, but according to what others are saying I just inferred that the devs did this deliberately. Comments like "You guys should put the offline counters back on". Many many people commenting, nobody is claiming it as a bug there.

9. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Wow, I'm impressed they were THAT stupid. I mean these type of games are MEANT to continue while you're offline. I'm not gonna have the frickin app open for an hour just to get some cash!

btw: My bank money was negative again, this is like the 5th day in a row or so.

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    As much as I like this game I have to agree - Gameplay will be way too slow if the counters don't continue while the game is off

11. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Well, gonna delete it and download iMafia I guess.

12. schplurg

I just opened iMob...still haven't deleted it. My money went up finally, but no other stats have for days.

The game is broken. Has been since day one.

13. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    qft!
    :)

14. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Has anyone heard any news from the developer about the timer issue?

15. MrKrispy

MrKrispy Member

Jan 23, 2009
    well it has been several days with numerous bugs, and the offline thing is either The Stupidest Game Decision Ever or a worse bug from a previous bug fix. I moved to iMafia and have been enjoying that, very few bugs and glitches. I won't be giving iMob any money, they blew it.

16. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Yep...Moving on!

IMafia....Still earning money, even when i'm sleeping.

The way it should be.

17. schplurg

Ya, iMafia is good. Still a few bugs but nothing like the iMob fiasco. And the devs frequesnt this forum.

18. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    i'm another one - imob gone, imafia downloading as we speak. i gave them plenty of chances but no more!