iPad imob cheat. Game needs to be fixed fast

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xMindFreaK, Jan 16, 2009.

1. xMindFreaK

xMindFreaK Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    #1 xMindFreaK, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    **Edit, I just found where people are actually posting this bug in the review of the game on itunes** So seems like word is getting around fast

Well I am really sorry for anyone who put money in this game. The game seems to be just amazing. Until an unbelievably easy cheat was discovered. I am posting this here for you all to know and so you can submit an email to the devs to get this fix. I am lucky enough to where I didn't put any money into the game.

To simply cheat, build any property that will get you income each hour. Then simply go into your ipodtouch or iphone and change the date to lets say year 2038 and log back into your game and wala you will instantly have millions and millions of $

This post is not to simply expose the cheat, but to help protect people who thought about paying for the game. This is just a headsup to prevent people from being scammed

I tested it out. Works easily. I then deleted my profile and deleted the game form my ipod

2. first the bug that i found and now this

so glad i stopped playing it

3. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    Woot! I'm gunna be rich!!

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I found a bug where after depositing money I somehow ended up with -800 cash...maybe someone attacked me while depositing. After that I tried to deposit my negative cash just for the hell of it...ended up with 184 quadrillion dollars! Haven't been able to duplicate that though, and a large chunk of that mony disappeared form my bank, which is fine.

Ya.....buggy.

5. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

wow thanks a lot... now i have -3843388/27 energy..

6. that's what you get for cheating

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    that's what you get for cheating

8. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    This game is like a plague

9. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Just delete the app and reinstall. Energy will be back to zero. Money will remain. ;)

10. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    This time bug thing will probably happen with Car Jack Streets. But that may actually be a good thing perhaps..

11. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    the develper has updated the discription on itunes saying

"We are aware there are a few cheaters ALL CHEATERS WILL BE DEALT WITH VERY SHORTLY! Thos playing fair will be rewarded those not will be swimming with the fishes"

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    a well-coded game should prevent people from cheating. it's not like iMob is a board game.

and how are they going to nab every single one? there are hundreds of new users everyday. I doubt the cheaters are "a few".

13. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    sooo..... i tried that cheat to see what would happen, got tons of money, decided that would take the fun out of the game so I switched the date back and now im in the negative by millions.

I just spent $20 to get 400 respect points but apparently i just ruined the game.

14. danc4498

danc4498 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Hey, I went forward 30 years, bought a bunch of stuff, then came back... Now I have -580K... Guess I'll start working my debt off :)

Ha, I also have -3046115 energy! D'oh.

15. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    This game sounds like an epic fail.

16. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    #16 hkiphone, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    out of curiosity I tried it and does what it says on the tin: you get masses of cash. I tried plqint for an hour like that but it's just not fun at all. It's like playing Doom with GodMode on but without the gore - pointless.
    I will reset my character but it's really no fun when a) others have cheated, b) cheaters may not update the app to continue under fair rules and c) you have 100 guys armed with police batons and pistols (legitimately, not bazookas) but still fail to beat 3 guys with pistols only. I don't care how high their defense is, that is really weird..

Edit: I resetted. Stats are reset but mob members remain.
    Luckily they sort of fixed an issue where weapons do count now. You can have have 2 lead pipes + 1 pistol beat one guy with pistol. Makes more sense now.
    But still see Top Mobsters have negative values in the bank. Boooo....

17. xMindFreaK

xMindFreaK Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    The negative balance just means you actually accumulated so much money the game couldnt roll that many numbers and show you a negative sign. If you keep buying stuff it will work.

As for myself, yup deleted the game about 20 minutes after testing the cheat as it ruined it for me, However I knew I couldnt compete without it, but after doing it I couldnt handle the fact knowing it and just reset and delete the app all together. If they do fix this I will probably try the game agian and hope those who paid for the game will be rewarded handsomely.

18. gdawgv2

gdawgv2 New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    It looks as though the app itself contains all of this information. Why they let the console provide the date in the first place is anyones guess, but there is a way to get everything rectified. There may be an easier way to do this, and cheaper but:

1. Buy 10 respect points and let the app load onto the phone, make sure the date is todays date

2. Open the 10 respect point app, your settings will come over, along with the money, and everything should be positive.

3. Remove the free app from your device

4. Restart the device (to be sure it is clear)

5. Download the free app again.

When you start the free app, everything should be positive, and should look as if you never cheated. Please keep in mind you want a positive balance showing on the 10 respect point app before uninstalling/reinstalling.

19. Billhouse

Billhouse Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    #19 Billhouse, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    If you cheated and have negative energy, its an easy fix. When you reach the year 2038, delete the app. Change your date back to today. Re-download the app. Fixed.

The whole community needs a reset. While we're waiting, here's more cheats.

If you roll your years up, you are gaining cash. Try rolling an hour or two at a time for full energy to complete missions, or full stamina for fighting.

If you are in the game and you see the time counting down for energy, health or stamina, wait for the point to be added to your stats. Then double click the home button to turn on the music option, press "Close". The field that gained a point a moment ago will now gain another one.

Now look at yourself in the mirror and feel good about how you've got cash and power in a make believe world.

20. jwesty5

jwesty5 Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Seems ironic that in a game named imob that cheaters will be punished.