Universal Immortal Rogue (by Kyle Barrett)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Feb 19, 2019.

1. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    The game is super fun, but it definitely needs an online saving progress system (Gamecenter, FB, Cloud, etc). If you change your device, you lose all your progress.

ioso likes this.
  2. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Fixes should be live with a new app icon. Thanks for the bug reports guys. If anyone on iOS 10 is still experiencing crashes, please PM me with your device type.

Also, I am looking into cloud saving but there are a few other issues to address before making a change that large.

ioso likes this.
  3. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Would it work on an ipad 2?

4. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi Dev,

Just updated to 1.4.3, but still crashing whenever I try to boot up the game. It just shows the splash screen and then crashes.

On iPhone 6S, ios 10.3.3. Happy to help with troubleshooting.

5. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Aye-yo dev... I play tested this and purchased... the final product is sooooo good. One question: what’s next? Plans for DLC? I know this just released.... but it’s so good.

6. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks! It's a pretty modular game so updates are easy to mix in. I have some ideas for new bosses, eras, thralls, and secret end end game content that would fit into the system pretty well. Need to fix a few of these launch issues before moving on to the more fun stuff first though :)

7. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    The update is out, but...still crashes for me...uninstalled and reinstalled... not working, sadly:(

8. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Awesome game, here one of my best run

Attached Files:

9. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    Why are you guys still on iOS 10 ?

I have an iPhone SE (identical hardware to 6s) and the most updated iOS is running smooth as hell.

Dev, glad to see yot are working on Cloud saving. Make it sync with Gamecenter, its way better than ios cloud save. I had troubles with other games when they feature ios cloud saving.

ioso likes this.
  10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Some constructive input here: I feel like a large amount for the offensive vampiric powers rely too much on taking damage. For instance, the power that causes an explosion when damaged; taking damage is no bueno, and enemies seem to deal large amounts of damage, so this is esssntially more of risk:reward power up that just doesn’t play well, at least not in my opinion, but what do I know.... itd be cool so more offensive powers that don’t require being damaged to proc; like a lighting barrier that deals damage over time, or an aura that slows enemies when inside of it, or a power that leaves a trail of fire behind you as you move... I feel more offensive power ups would lend well to feeling like an op bad ass vampire.... just my two cents. Love the hell out of this game, can’t wait to see what’s next from this developer.

11. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Something I swear I’m noticing... around your 600th year, the damage enemies deal seems to jump pretty fairly drastically.... like... hits taking away 1/4 - 1/3 out of your life bar....

Any tips from these dudes in the 1000+ years??? Either I suck or there is one hell of a damage boost happening under the hood....

12. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #92 Lull4by, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Try to save some money for long range heavy weapons, for instance, SMG is really good, use long range weapons to kill enemy with range weapon first, so you can focus on dealing with enemy with short range weapon later.

Some survival skills like “give a bit hp back after you kill an enemy”, “drop more health stone more offen”, “health stone give you more hp” are also good if you want to live longer. (sorry I forgot the name of skills.”)

13. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    I think some “being hit” skills are not worthy as well, if you play the game longer, the more damage you will take, but the damage from the “being hit” skills seems the same.

Legion180 likes this.
  14. Marzapan

Marzapan New Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Male
    The only tip I can give is….don’t go melee. Or at least be careful :)
    At around 2400~ years one single shot from ranged enemies can take away a good chunk of your health while melee attacks against you can screw you up even faster. Notice that once you go past 2000 years the number of enemies increases drastically so you want to kill them from afar. The purple android “balls” that explode when hit are also dangerous so going melee is risky. Another tip I can give you it the vampiric power that grants you tiny bit of health on each kill: it doesn’t seem a great deal early on but in the later levels is quite powerful. Also, telekinesis can help you greatly as you don’t have to dive in to get those precious blood drops. Be careful past 1000 years as each stage will have a couple of mini-bosses (like the merchant and the android and so on). Although I have to say the most dangerous enemy of them all are….those damn mineral pylons man…the times I died impaled by them :(

I don’t understand the comments about the controls though, yes I struggled with them at first but they feel so satisfying once you get the hang of it. Nothing I’ve played on mobile can even come close to that visceral feeling of kiting, diving in, and going out with a sliver of health.

Sorry for the wall of text and for my english.

15. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    #95 pathogen541, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    The other ones are Animus, and Pyrokinisis (or however you spell it) that one in specific I feel should be changed to like a fire dash, like you leave a trail of fire when using a heavy weapon\thrown heavy weapons leave a trail of fire. Animus just isn’t worth taking in my opinion, the damage boost isn’t worth the hit to your health... seems like it would be Really silly to take it late game or otherwise at this point...thoughts?

Also you have a good point, they’d be more worth it if the damage the power up did when it procs increases with the years to compensate for that increase in health loss.... ie: animus procs in years 1000+, you loose like 1/4-1/3 health, but the damage boost is substantial enough to allow you to mop up whoever hit you without giving them the chance to retaliate. You could dash cancel into another basic combo but late game seems risky.

16. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Wow, there's really quite a difference. Thanks for mentioning this, hadn't visited 148 for quite a while. TA's still the no1 place for forum discussions and user interaction but review wise they've really toned down lately (had to?).

Only 11 reviews in 4 months. Five of those eleven are from February though (from Nov to middle Feb there were no more than 6 reviews within about 15 weeks) so maybe this hopefully was just a restructuring phase or something like that.

148 on the other hand even seems to take a look at games from genres that aren't mass market compatible atm.

But at least TA has reviewed Immortal Rogue in the meantime too and both sites rated it pretty well. The game sounds like a lot of fun - Gonna have to check it out on the weekend.

namestolen likes this.
  17. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    #97 Foolish Mortal, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Thanks for all the feedback, there are some great ideas in here. Auras and damage trails were in an earlier version of the game, but I took them out for graphical reasons. Once these IOS 10 issues are fixed, however, there's no reason i couldn't go back and revisit them.

Also a pro tip (since i didn't do a great job explaining this in game); your defensive abilities proc even if you don't take damage. So combos with blade barrier + a melee weapon + animus/pyrokenisis can be more viable in the late game

18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    See this changes things, that I did not know. next run, im gonna build blade barrier + melee + animus and give it a shot. It would be sick to see auras and trails come back, but Im also a power whore, and love seeing an OP char that started out super squishy, flying around the battle field flinging lightning bolts and slowing time etc..... obviously it has to fit in with the game and all that, but the more I play this, the more I feel you may have the perfect mobile rogue like on your hands. Its fun. Its hard as hell, and most of all, its a deep as hell game you can play....with...

ONE. HAND.

I just always feel more powers = more varied builds. I know you can't just add stuff in all willy nilly, and Im sure you have to balance everything to make sure it all works well, so maybe my suggestion may be a little much, or maybe Im just too needy...... either way..... I WANT MOAR POWARS!!!!!

I find myself jumping in run after run. Im playing at 9:00 in bed, and the next thing I know, its midnight and im still making runs. Good damn work my man. The controls are SPOT ON. Weapons are amazing (my personal favorite: The scythe + dragon armor + fleet footed + explosive intention = HOLY EFF OMFG ROFL BLURRING/EXPLODING DEATH). You keep putting content and effort into this and I think you may have a contender for best mobile rogue like on your hand/s. Easily.

One last thing, and I know its been mentioned before, getting stuck on environmental traps (like the ice spikes) and not being able to break free caught me off guard at first. I read that it means your character is impaled however I initially thought it was a bug. Maybe im just a noob, but it was a little jarring at first....I was like....wtf bro....Im stuck on this ice..........halp.

19. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Is there a final boss? And if so how long on average does a winning run take?

20. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    #100 Lull4by, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    The hero will meet the famous Dracula who create him near "after 1300 years".

Maybe there is more later, but I think it is a kind of final boss, hope there are some pro-players that can answer the question.