Universal Immortal Rogue (by Kyle Barrett)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    #41 Skall, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    I can t see my life on my XR sadly... plus i found very unaccurate so far as many times i m just taping the screen, the game considered it as a swipe and dogded instead of kicking the butt of the bad guy... frustrating...

2. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    The developer said the hp update may come out tomorrow, just wait for it.

About the combat part, just hold and aim to an enemy to use heavy attack with light combo attack, if enemy doesn’t die, move away to cancel the light attack cooldown then move back to perform another light combo attack, and try to attack long range enemies as soon as possible, you can try to parry enemy’s bullets as well.

3. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    That i do know no worry, i m just saying that often when i tap, it dodges instead of attacking. I guess a sensitivity option could be welcomed.

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #44 Qwertz555, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
    While it‘s not a big love at first sight/play, it is def a „must play again“ after i died. That‘s already a real good thing. I‘m too short in, but i already encountered a few different foes with different patterns/shots/styles. Intriguing.

The swipe controls work well and you‘ll adapt quite quick to them, imho.

My big complaint goes to the music/sfx department. Having just one button to mute all is simply an absolute NO-GO in my books! Personally, i have problems to hear and get attached to the sfx sounds. Pity!

I might report (much) later on my progression.

Good luck, Dev!

stubbieoz likes this.
  5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    While I would prefer more of a "joystick" for controls, having no issues with the swipes. This game also gets better/more fun the more you play and unlock things. I was initially frustrated as I never had the money to get new weapons, but some of the unlocks help with that the more you play.

7. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I’m looking forward to the update to see my hp on the iPhone XR. Still loving it in the meantime though. Could someone let me know if your health regenerates back to full after each “era”? It would help to know that as I try and keep track without the hp bar. Thanks!

8. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Hp doesn't regenerate between eras. 'Managing your health regeneration is a big part of the game, so I can imagine your frustration. I'll let you all know when the fix is live.

9. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Update released iphone xr issue fixed

10. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    iCloud Support?

11. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    You won’t have that problem further in the game. I manage to get about 50-55 blood from a run.

12. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Nice, thanks for confirming! looking into gesture sensitivity options next.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #53 stubbieoz, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    You look at the outside of an Indian Resturant and think “it looks okay, I will give it a try.”
    The manager says “It will cost you $8AUD to have a meal.”
    You agree and pay.
    You get served the meal and don’t like the curry taste.
    You say to the manager that you don’t like curry and would have much prefered a plain hamburger.
    You leave the resturant with no intention of returning.
    The manager thinks to themselves “maybe if I added hamburgers to the menu I might get more people to come.”

Options, where possible, are always a good thing.
    I played the beta and struggled with the swipe controls. I found it difficult to use my power attack and often ended up confusing my movement with the attack and then getting killed while trying to activate it. It simply is not a control system that I liked.
    At least in my case I got a free sample of the curry dish. ;)

anthony78 likes this.
  14. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Thanks so much for the quick fix! Love supporting devs that are so responsive and obviously care about the community! I feel like I’m going to spend a lot of time with this one!

affro and ioso like this.
  15. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Sorry to disagree with you, but an authentic Indian restaurant would never consider serving plain hamburgers to cater to the masses. I think your example actually proves the opposite effect, the developer/restaurant owner is staying true to themselves knowing what their best product or service is, and is not going to sacrifice this to cater to every individual need.

16. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Bug found, couldn’t access the rest of the area in this location as all three paths wouldn’t let me go through.

Attached Files:

17. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    no sadly

same here :)

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hard, hard, hard disagree. Not all art is for everyone, nor should it be. This game was literally built around its unique control system, and changing it or even adding different control options would make it a different game. It's not always about getting the most users, not everyone wants to be the Thomas Kinkade of game development, some people actually want to make something interesting and different.

In your case you were fortunate to try the game for free and concluded that the control scheme is not for you. Which is fine, as there's no shortage of other games for you to play. I am totally not opposed to free demos or free to try options especially in the case of game's that do something out of the ordinary, like this one. I'm also not opposed to a restaurant giving out free samples so you can see if you like what they're serving before you spend the money. But obviously not all restaurants do that, just as not all games have demos.

As an aside, all this talk about Indian food and hamburgers has me thinking that a bunch of Indian spices in a burger patty with some sort of awesome yogurt sauce would make for an amazing burger, so maybe my analogy does end up falling apart in the end :p

19. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    game crashes when loading, anyone else had this problem?
    I'm on iOS 10, iPhone SE...

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well done (pun intended). I absolutely couldn't say this any better.