Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #341 Ubisububi, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    What was already a near perfect game has also been optimized for iPhone X! Expansion bought, although I haven’t even wrapped my brain around the original content yet.

I hope all his stuff gets this update. The difference is truly dramatic.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #342 syntheticvoid, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    OYG, MB killed it!!!

These new cards are crazy!!
    =D

I'm so freak'n psyched!!

On another note... My favorite game of all time just got an expansion... So I'm going to be disappeared from the forums for a few months...
    Just... FYI... =P

THIS FREAK'N ROCKS!!!

3. NotHuskyStarcraft

Apr 10, 2018
    The new cards are so epic!

I'm excited to see what's next.

4. andrewdoull

andrewdoull Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Charged attacks continue to do damage by arcing to monsters adjacent to the first one you hit. It appears to choose a random path of there’s more than one adjacent monster. I’m not sure what happens with loops.

5. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Weird that TA didn’t cover the release of this expansion, not even in their weekly new updates post.

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah, weird. Lovely Expansion.

7. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    I also sent a tip about it a while back too, so I doubt it just went under the radar.

Hopefully it will get mentioned at some point, a lot of people are probably missing out simply because they’re unaware of its existence.

8. quantumpotato_

quantumpotato_ Active Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Developer
    Yeah, he said in his blog that "only people who already know about my games are buying them". Shelved PC port because of low sales numbers. TA post about this game it's brilliant!

The 2 new characters offer new challenges. The new weapons are fantastic. Charge adds a great tactical layer "hm I could run there and use the charge" .. "I could charge this tile to match parity, then move there to kill the enemy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklEYeV4jPY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBUaibweq4

9. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Just come back to this game after a long break. The high score tables don’t seem to be accessible. All I can see is my own score. I thought we were able to see the leader table and copy over their tile layouts. Can anyone else confirm if they are having the same issue? Thanks

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    The high score tables are working for me. I did notice that I needed to choose my own layout for the two new characters and play one game before the high score leaderboards were accessible. Then I could copy the leaders' tile layouts. So maybe try your own layout at least once for the new (or all) characters and see if that fixes things.

11. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    So, this has happened to me about 15-20 times since the last update. When I leave the app in the middle of a game (even if it’s just pressing the home button to check an email or leaving the app up, but turning the screen off), for whatever reason, coming back to the app later seems to restart it, losing all progress of the game I was just playing.

Anyone else having this issue? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this problem before this most recent content update.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    K... sorry about my last post (I don't know why, but I can not figure out how to post from my phone - there's no text box appearing - maybe has to do with iOS 9? No idea... - but I wasn't able to get onto my laptop until today - anyway...)

I haven't had this issue with games not saving my last move on my iPhone 6S (iOS 9.3) - maybe it's OS or device specific?

14. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Oddly enough, I haven’t had the problem since I posted about it. Lol. Anyway, it’s not just missing my last move... it’s missing the entire game in progress. Was quite frustrating to be on move 200+ of an Izu board and lose the whole thing if I exited the app. When returning, it was like starting the app up fresh, with no game in progress. But like I said, it hasn’t happened since I posted about it. Hope I’m not jinxing myself.

15. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Would anyone be interested in a Discord for Imbroglio? Could be all MB games, for that matter.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sure, sounds fun, as long as we can get luminaries as Vivafringe involved (who's frequently on Discord).

17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I don't really know what I'm missing here, yet. Love HELIX and MB's games seem to be good, well received. I'll definitely have to check this one, too!

18. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Ooohhh. You’re missing arguably his best game. Although I’ve seen people argue that all his games are his best games. Imbroglio is my favorite. I play it almost daily.

sebgo likes this.
  19. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    #359 cbos0503, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Here's a link for a Discord Server... Pretty basic setup, but might be easier to communicate about Michael Brough games. Pass it along to anyone remotely active with 868-HACK, Imbroglio, or Cinco Paus... maybe we can get some traction going there. :)

https://discord.gg/5ujmDaJ

EDIT: Uhm. I just learned that Viva already has a Discord setup for Brough Games. Sorry about that.

20. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Finally bought this after picking up P1 Select, both good - but this one is ASTONISHINGLY GREAT! I have been playing it almost nonstop, and when I’m not playing it, I’m thinking about playing it. Truly great design and implementation.