Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was just about to confirm this, as it did crash me out the first time I started after reading your post (and the first time I’d run Imbroglio since iOS 11), but after simply bringing it back up and all subsequent app starts afterwards, it seemed fine. As I have yet to play a game, who knows if there is instability in the game, but, at least for me now with an iPad Pro 1st gen using iOS 11.02, it’s starting up fine.

2. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm having the same crashing issue. Updated to 11.0.2 last night. Now it crashes a few seconds into the loading screen. Hope this gets updated ASAP.

3. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #323 zen_mode, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Yeah, it seems to be fine when the game is kept in memory after you get successful start up . The successive crashes on start up seem to occur if I force quit the app or it otherwise leaves memory.

I initially thought it was an issue with a restore on my new phone. But I went back to my iPhone 6 which was also updated to 11.0.2 and it has the same issue.

Reinstalling the app or signing out of GC also doesn’t work. Hope there’s a fix soon. Luckily it’s still playable once you get over the initial jump.

4. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    #324 buzzToronto, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    What do the black roman numerals on blue background mean??

:confused:

What do the black roman numerals on blue background mean??

I haven’t progressed enough yet in the game to figure it out.

The numerals appear on the weapon description cards.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    They're the effects that happen when the card hits that level (ie; IV - when this hits an enemy curse them - that curse effect will activate once you level that card up to level 4)

6. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    Follow up questions

Thanks @syntheticvoid

Tell me - Are the effects cumulative or does a IV replace a I effect?

What does the 0 mean. That the power is for every level?

What level do you start at for a weapon? Level 0, level 1?

I don’t know why but I just don’t find it clear at all and I am sure I would figure it out over time but it’s annoying at the start bc it’s hard to get the hang of initially. ;)

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #327 syntheticvoid, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Yes, they stack.
    And you start at level 0. If the card has a 0 attribute, it automatically has that effect the first turn of the game.

Once you kill 4 enemies on that card/tile (the one that you are on), it'll level up. That's what the sections in the arch thing above the icon on the card/tile represent. Once a section fills up (turns completely black) you'll gain a coin and have any effects that are tied to that level activated for the rest of your game.

Oh yeah, and when you're checking out the card details, there's 5 hearts or diamonds under the icon (separated by a | ) - this is the damage it will do at each level, starting at 0. So if it's 3 single hearts (1 damage at levels 0,1 &2) and then the last two are double hearts, that means the damage will go up when the card is levels 3 and 4 (some cards go down, some fluctuate, some have a null damage value at level 4...).

It is kind of difficult to get the hang of, but once it clicks and you start unlocking more characters and cards, the ways in which you can pair the cards/tiles with each other is incredibly complex and fun to experiment with.
    If you bought the IAP game mode (Ossuary) you're given a random (at least I believe this is random?) character and a small selection of cards to try and mess with every 4 days. This usually forces you to try combinations of cards that you might not be too familiar with and learn how they can interact with other cards...

Great stuff. =P

I think it took me a few weeks of playing before it really started to click with me... And I don't know if I would of had the determination to stick with it if I wasn't familiar with Michael Brough's previous games (they're all still on my phone, and would highly recommend all of them if you don't have them yet - 868-Hack and Zaga 33 are still two of my absolute favorite iOS games)

*ramble ramble*

I hope I was clear with this response. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. =)

8. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    Thansj

Thanks @syntheticVoid. Appreciate the clarification.

Cheers all!

9. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
  10. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    Never noticed

@syntheticVoid - wow I never noticed those leafy fronds, arcs as you called them, get penciled in with kills and reflect the level of each weapon. This is way subtle! Would have gone missed for a long time If u didn’t point it out. IMO, game’s help should point this out.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Update with new expansion is live!

12. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Aaand bought! I had to redownload the game and even with gamecenter my 4 unlockable characters and items are locked. I wish those would come back. The new stuff is way chaotic, can’t wait to figure it out! May be spending time unlocking original content unfortunately!

13. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #335 Kevd, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Pumped to try it out!

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

While I kind of get how a weapon tile can get charged and even the cases in which a tile charge might travel to new tiles...but what does having a weapon tile charged do?

15. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Played a high scoring round and everything fixed itself. Yay. Set a bunch of ghost spawners on double night damage.. talk about painful. This remains my favorite game on Ios and I’m not that good haha.

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #338 Guise, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Hey LG,
    I haven't had a chance to play the new stuff yet (probably won't until tomorrow), but try checking the MB blog post that zen_mode links to at the top of this page, if you haven't already. That may clarify charges a bit.

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sadly, no, he just says "bonus damage", but no specifics.

18. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Gek, it adds a damage, I think they only charge once. A one damage weapon now deals 2 damage the next time it strikes. Adds an on color damage as far as I can tell. I am not entirely sure if thats all it does, but so far it is all I have seen. Very neat for some weapons and allows for a more risk/reward style of play it seems.