Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Update!!

2. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Whetstone has been nerfed! Ahhh!!

3. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    ^^^^^^ #
    Seems like there needs to be a leaderboard reset as most of the 256-star decks don't perform as well after a couple rounds of balance changes.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, noticed that after I posted. Haven't had a chance to play the new version yet; I expect I'll have to try some different weapon combinations for higher scores.

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Update!
    Still in the top two iOS games ever too.

6. tsunombie

tsunombie Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Loving this game.

I've heard others talk about seeing a list of high scores (and boards) on the leaderboards, but I've only ever seen my own high score and board, and a button "All/Friends" that doesn't do anything. I've tried logging in and out of Game Center. I'm willing to try deleting and reinstalling the game, but I don't want to start over.

Anyone else have this problem, or have ideas of things to try to fix it? I've searched around but haven't found anyone else complaining of the same thing.

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    IMBROGLIO is really a great game.
    868 - HACK is still my prefered.
    Michael Brough is a genius.

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Nope - if I click on the all/friends it swaps over okay. Takes a second or two, mind.

9. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    #309 Doug84, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Edited as I figured out the answer to my question. Great game!

10. tienunreal

tienunreal New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Could you share your solution for people with the same problem?

11. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Anyone know roughly how many actions until certain things happen? Like until the first Minotaur, etc.? I "feel" like I'm doing well to have 100 points by the time the first Minotaur approaches... just wondering if that really is a good start or not. Seems like the first Minotaur is around 600 moves (give or take ~50).

12. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Well, regarding items, these unlock as characters unlock. As far as the leaderboard goes, I still only see my scores, no one elses.

13. tienunreal

tienunreal New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    In case you haven't fixed it yet, all I had to do was log out of gamecenter and relog back in and the leaderboards started working.

14. tsunombie

tsunombie Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Thank you for responding @tienunreal, and I am very encouraged to read that you got yours working! Also, thanks @Doug84, it's nice to feel like I'm not alone.

However, my leaderboards still don't show up.

I've tried:
    1) Logging in and out in Settings then starting Imbroglio.
    2) Crashing Imbroglio (so it's not in memory) and logging in and out in Settings.
    3) Crashing Imbroglio, logging out of Game Center in Settings, then starting Imbroglio and logging into Game Center when prompted.
    4) Crashing Imbroglio, logging out of Game Center in Settings, starting Imbroglio and canceling GC login when prompted, then crashing Imbroglio again, and starting it with a GC login.

I also tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it while logged into Game Center. It was painful to start from scratch, although I admit it was kind of fun to start over also :)

In each case, the Game Center login is correctly being pinged by Imbroglio, and I get a GC welcome banner. But when I tap on a hero's star "Most Gems" button, it takes me to the high score screen, and I only see "Your best: XXX". If I tap on All/Friends button and wait a few seconds, then try again, nothing changes.

Do you remember any particular details from your fix, @tienunreal, that might help? Maybe I need some Game Center friends before it works? Maybe log out, restart the phone, then log in?

Thanks again.

15. tsunombie

tsunombie Member

Jun 1, 2017
    ....aaaaaand I've suddenly realized that no Game Center features are working for my apple ID. But if I use a friend's apple ID, then everything works. So it's not a problem specific to Imbroglio, and I won't clutter the thread with it!

16. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Shouldn't the Echo Harp in the first column be getting the benefit from the level 4 whetstone as well? Or am I missing something...

Attached Files:

17. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    #317 Doug84, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    It should. It doesn't if the whetstone reaches max level while that weapon is unable to be used. Don't know if its a bug or intentional but thats the case, saw it a few times in a row.

18. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Gotcha. So that tile was the blocked off tile when whetstone reached level 4. Will have to be more careful then.

19. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I decided to delete the game / restart since it had been a while since I played and I wanted the experience of getting better with the limited weapon set before being able to customize, but now I'm a bit confused. Today I scored 40 with Dominic Twice Bitten and I've purchased (and restored) the Ossuary, yet there are still cards that I'm unable to use. When I copy the second highest board for this character I have some blank sections. Any idea why this would be? Is there another layer I'm missing or is this a bug?

20. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #320 zen_mode, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Is this crashing on startup for anyone else on iOS 11.0.2? I’ve restored from backup onto a new iPhone 8 and it only successfully loads maybe 1 in 10 times. I’ve tried to log in and out of game centre but the issue persists. Opening in airplane mode also doesn’t work.