Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #241 LordGek, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    And I got that board from some of the scary 256 folk. :D

It's so maddening, I just need to get 1 more character over 128, and I've now gotten Jeska to 110+ several times but still can't ever quite seal the deal.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    LG--I'm with you on the 128 front. I see you got there with the Rebel Queen; maybe I'll focus on her next. Already have Harry and Bob over the threshold, but I know getting two more characters over the mark is going to be tough.

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Just glad I didn't have to do it with the Templar, I can't keep that guy alive for the life of me. Life is tough without at least a little magic in it.

4. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This game should be consider to be the best iOS or mobile game on 2016 it reminds be the almighty threes!

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I hear you! It is so addictive. I find myself getting so easily lost in a mad frenzy chasing stars for hours at a time with this game.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    2nded. Thanks to vivafridge's deck (with a few slight tweaks) I got the Rebel Queen over the 128 mark. One more to go for the last unlock, which will feel like a real accomplishment.

PS
    GOTY!!

7. guttaperk

guttaperk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I'd also love iCloud sync.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ahhhh!! I hit 163 with the first character. I think I'm getting the board pieces laid how I want... I didn't copy anyone's board to get that score.. But only with HarryIV. I've still gotta learn how all the other characters play, but this is, ATM, one of my absolute favorite games. I think it just outdid 868-Hack... =oO

9. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Very deep game and very good. Yesterday i played in mosque. I know it is a sin but imam was so boring :)

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Imbroglio!! Yes!! Just unlocked the Fey Scorceress and final weapons by passing the score threshold with Jeska. Will try to post a respectable score with FDI and then concentrate on boosting my score with the Count.

I've probably already mentioned this, but Imbroglio rules more than the Roman Empire and rocks more than Stonehenge.

11. Longicollis

Longicollis Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Commercial Diver
    Kuala Lumpur
    Nice New Update!

Imbroglio today sounds new! And my previously unlocked characters now unlocked again!

12. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #252 Ubisububi, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Death Screen!

I'm absolutely obsessed with this game. I'm amazed at how well balanced everything is, especially considering the variety of heroes, weapons, and monsters.

I would, however, happily pay an extra few dollars via IAP to shorten that accursed death screen. Yes, I died, but let's not dwell on who killed who. How 'bout it, Mr. Brough?! Please!!

:)

13. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Not normally my style of game, but I bit the bullet. This game is fantastic!! I'm awful but beginning to figure things out.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #254 syntheticvoid, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Woohoo!!! Just hit 135 with Bob... It's the third character I've got over 128. =oP

I suck at this game, but I absolutely LOVE it. I've put well over 100 hours into it now.

Easily my pick for GOTY.

**edit**
    80 w/ Jeska... Previous best was 36... I think I'll hit 128 with her way before I even get near it with Susannah. The no blue weapons is just crazy hard for me to click with...

And have I mentioned how much I absolutely love how different each character makes the game? It kinda reminds me of Phoenix... With each ship basically being a completely different gameplay mode.

It'd be fantastic to see additional characters added in future updates... I'd have no problem dropping a couple bucks for any additional character. Though... Seeing as how MB's games are released as basically the final version, I doubt we'll see something like that...

One can dream though, right?

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ahhh!!! I unlocked Fey!!! =oD

I really thought it was going to take me longer...

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nodding my head vigorously.

17. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Just bought imbroglio and play for like 5 minutes and got 21 as a score #

It's really interesting and needs strategic thinking...

And plan to add GC achievement?
    That would be great

18. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Had this since launch and still thoroughly enjoying it. I think I'm going to start tinkering with my own decks instead of just using the ones from the leaderboards. Will post here anything I come up with. Would like to hear ideas.

19. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Geez this game. I can't get a 256 score. I've been somewhat obsessed with it lately and playing a TON! But can't seem to get anyone to 256.

20. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    According to a recent blog post there's an expansion coming out on the 28th. New cards heroes and a daily mode!