Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

I don't blame them. Recording iOS devices is a total pain in the ass. Plus, I mostly play Imbroglio on the train - if I want to record anything I have to grind a run out at home.

2. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #222 mkaen, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    It's trivial with a mac using built-in software. But if that's not a possibility, good luck! I definitely felt your pain when that third party recording app crashed or failed to export or whatever happened. But hey, just throw down another 256 like no big deal, right? :D

3. Patashu

4. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Great vid. And tips are helpful as well. I think my main problem is somewhere along the line I forget that the main goal is collecting stars, instead of leveling weapons, managing enemies, etc.

5. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    What is that dull note that sounds on every turn in the late game indicating?

6. Michael Brough

Michael Brough Active Member

May 5, 2012
    there's a bug at the moment where on some devices (i think iphone6 and under) it's only playing one sound rather than picking randomly from several that might be it?

7. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    are you going to go to android with this? this looks pretty cool

8. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    What is the requirement to unlock the last set of blue tiles? I have 7 of the 8 characters unlocked, board editing available for all, and all red tiles unlocked, but what do i need to do to get the last 4 blue tiles?

9. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Favourite character of anyone?
    Mine would be the priest, I think that one presents a nice challenge.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm willing to bet simply unlocking the final character will do it as each unlocked character comes with 4 new tiles. So once you get 128 or higher with 4 characters, you'll have all of the game's weapons (I'm still only halfway to unlocking that last character myself).

11. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    This is correct.

12. Patashu

Bob, no question about it.

13. gizmovex

gizmovex Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Not sure how to activate runes or how to use them. Can someone help me out here?

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    The last weapon's an interesting one. It basically
    makes an enemy disappear for a bunch of turns so you can deal with them later. Good one to place on the corners. It makes rejuvenating blue/red health much easier, but delaying your work until the last second can make for some tricky moments if you go back to the well too many times.

15. Patashu

5/8 characters give you a button in the lower left corner.

2/8 characters require you to swipe in a direction you couldn't normally move (Bob swipes at a wall, Johnny swipes at the outer edge of the map).

Finally, Rebel's hero power activates whenever you don't kill an enemy with a red weapon and have runes.

16. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Just hit a new high with Bob last night. 239. Still haven't escaped yet. But Bob's ability to break walls and save sometimes 8-10 moves getting the next star is really helpful.

Also learning the benefits of leveling the blink dagger. It's tricky to do sometimes because it always has to be the killing blow. But you can save quite a few moves teleporting to the next star. Or use a couple extra moves leveling a certain weapon, then get those moves back with the blink dagger.

So much going on in this game. And loading a new deck makes the same character feel like a new character.

@Michael Brough, are there plans for expanding Imbroglio at all? New characters, weapons, enemies?

17. Michael Brough

Michael Brough Active Member

May 5, 2012
    Hey, obviously there's scope to add stuff, I have a bunch of ideas and I've started testing out some of them, but I'm not going to promise anything yet! It might take a while to build a set and it might not work out.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooooo... I wound up getting this over the weekend (thanks to my wonderful children...), and while I don't think it'll out-do 868-HACK for me, personally, it's definitely got the potential to knock Zaga33 outta my #2 favorite MB game list spot...

The whole mixture of deck building, Roguelike, strategy, puzzle... Whatever... Totally blends together seemlessly. I dunno if too many other developers could have pulled something like this off...

Oh... High-score ATM is 98, and I feel like it's just started opening up to me. =oD
    The first couple games, I was sure it would take me all week to unlock the board editing for one character... So I'm glad it's more approachable than most other Brough titles, while still maiming that trademark depth. =oD

Anywho... Thank you for this wonderful game. It's already earned a spot on my 2016 GOTY list. Great stuff.

19. Longicollis

Longicollis Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Commercial Diver
    Kuala Lumpur
    Hi MB any plan to include iCloud sync/save in future updates?

20. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Imbroglio!!

This game rocks and rules. Trying to create the ultimate deck made my head hurt, so I just copied Lord Gek's board for Jeska and more than doubled my previous score. The copy board feature is champion.