Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Maybe.

1) You need to be able to edit your deck (usually only possible once you've gotten at least 32 with the character's default deck).
    2) Once you're allowed to edit your deck simply tap on your score on the upper right and you'll see the global leaderboards.
    3) Tap on any entry on the leaderboards and you'll be given the option to copy the very deck they used to get that score with one big caveat! You can only copy a deck if you already have access to all of the cards used in it (each of the 4 unlockable additional characters come with a set of 4 new cards). So if a deck contains any cards you don't have access to yet it will show up as dimmed (although you can still click on the card and get a fun little sneak peek at what you're still missing).

2. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I was missing something. Didn't realize I needed to tap on my high score to access the leaderboards. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Imbroglio!!

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Perfect.

Or my take on it...

A deep web of confusion and certain impossibility interspersed with glimmers of perfect clarity. A faint illusion of control waiting to be harnessed, and eventually, inevitably used against you.

6. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Dumb question. How do you restore the default deck for a character?

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Copy the deck of any player with a score under 32 (might be trickier with some later unlocks that allow editing right off).

8. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I think it's the little blue arrow when you're editing a deck. Red x clears the board and the blue loads the default deck, I believe.

Also, I picked up 868-HACK today. Fantastic game! Hard to say which is better between Hack and Imbroglio.

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #209 Guise, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Update!

10. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the heads up.

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I love the sci-fi theme of Hack (my former favorite mobile game of all time) and actually am one of the few who looooves it's artwork. But I already feel that Imbroglio is much deeper due to the concept of experimenting with endless different decks. Both are masterpieces, both don't need much space, so, no need to decide which one's better :)

12. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

I'm really sad. I got a 256 gem clear as Vesuvius Bob, was livestreaming with Reflector 2, but it stopped streaming at 192 gems. What a piece of shit program. I'd use OBS, but Reflector 2 uses some black magic and the window doesn't appear when I record the monitor with OBS. I wanted to have something cool to show but instead I have something worthless...

Here's the footage up to 192 gems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHrdgjuLras

Screenshot of my position in the leaderboards: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj3ZiI_UgAQgdt9.jpg

13. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    @Michael Brough
    Do you have any logic written in the enemy pathing to avoid ranged weapons? Or am I just getting unlucky trying to kite enemies to a ranged weapon? Seems like if there's an alternate path that avoids my being able to hit them with a ranged weapon, they take said path.

14. Patashu

AFAIK monster movement (both 50/50 equal path decisions and what order monsters move in) is 100% random. If there's any AI at all I'd be totally surprised.

15. Patashu

Two gameplay changes in today's Imbroglio patch, both weapon buffs:

1) Poisoned Chalice's first ability activates at (0) instead of at (I).

2) Slingshot now also affects
    Dragons and Unicorns
    in addition to Minotaurs.

The buffs are welcome, as these weapons felt weak.

16. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Hmm. Just got unlucky the few times I noticed it, I guess.

17. Patashu

18. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Nice. I'll check it out. Cause I don't know how you guys are scoring so high. 120-140 for me and I hit an unlucky draw. Has to be me though because you are consistently putting up crazy high scores.

19. Patashu

With this layout specifically, I played for about 4-6 hours today + yesterday and got ~240, 255, 256 and 256 runs, so this layout is definitely consistent if you play carefully and thoughtfully. I have some tips at the start of the video that may help.

20. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah the tips were a nice preface to the video. Thanks for recording! There don't seem to be any other high-level players making videos. I did notice that Twitch finally has Imbroglio in the database, and someone apparently streamed it recently.