Universal Imbroglio (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 18, 2016.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Oh just realized I know viva ! Lol he's my auro Idol, only rank 13 but I'm coming for you !

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    And don't have a vod of that winning run huh ??

3. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Do tiles with passive powers stack? Like 2 maxed confusion clouds? Do those stack to block 100% of attacks from cursed enemies? Or does each tile individually get a 50% chance to block the attack?

4. Michael Brough

Michael Brough Active Member

May 5, 2012
    cbos0503: they stack independently, so 25% chance they both activate, 50% chance just one does, 25% chance neither. (blocking twice does nothing but some other effects do multiply)

5. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Wow. A response from the dev himself. I feel special. :)

Thanks for the reply. Great game as well. I keep coming back to it. Definitely has that just-one-more-game vibe. Even though a game lasts 10-20 mins.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @MB

Do you have any opinion on my request to slightly change the copy deck feature? My suggestion is to allow a player to copy ANY deck but leave out all locked cards, using instead whatever the player last had chosen in those locked spaces.

While I can't find the player's highscore entry now, I once saw a player with a "missing image" (so just showed up as a white space) for one of his deck's weapons. I'm curious if that meant:
    1) The player's deck experienced a corrupted upload (most likely).
    2) This was one of your beta testers testing an as of yet unreleased weapon (would be most cool possibility).
    3) The player was being naughty and trying to edit the game with their own made up weapon (least likely).

Lastly, I often have highscore loading/display issues if I switch around among different characters and or the Global/Friends listings. The first highscore table viewed usually displays fine, but once I start hopping around it will stop refreshing and I'm just shown my score for the given character.

7. Michael Brough

May 5, 2012
    LordGek: It doesn't seem useful to me because there's no reason the deck would make sense without some cards? Also you can just unlock them soon anyway.

I think the player with the "missing" weapon had an old version where the weapon set was slightly different, I cleared the scores before release but I guess they kept playing with the old version after that? Next time I'll know to have separate scoreboards for test and release (gamecenter used to do this automatically with the sandbox thing). It could also be corruption, there are some other bugs around scores I'm still trying to track down.

Yeah switching between global/friends doesn't reset the scroll position, it'll be fixed in the update (should be submitted this week so available by next week).

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    @Michael Brough

Since you're here I just wanted to say many thanks for Imbroglio and 868-HACK, I have spent many, many hours on both now and think both are completely genius in design. I don't know where your amazing ideas come from, but I do know that I'm thankful that I get to play with them. Your work is very much appreciated.

9. Michael Brough

May 5, 2012
    Thanks, I've been following along here (got to keep an eye out for bugs and stuff) and it's been really encouraging how positive everyone's been!

10. guttaperk

guttaperk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #190 guttaperk, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Chiming in to add my thanks as well. I've been an avid iPhone gamer since the first iPhone years ago, and Imbroglio is one of my top five favourite games of all time. The gameplay is stellar, and I love the artistic design of the game— quirky, hand-drawn, original and humorous.

I love that the characters come in all shades, sizes, and genders. I love that Vesuvius Bob can't use duplicate weapons because he only has one arm. :)

I've enjoyed Imbroglio so much that I went back and purchased a couple of your other games!

My only quibble is this: I'd like that the damage arrow indicating whether HP or MP damage is to be done to a monster, also indicate how much damage will be done. But I recognise that this is a design choice as well— e.g. whether or not to specify the additional MP damage to be done by Rimeclaws. So I can't hold it against you if you choose not to implement any change.

Anyhoo, thanks again. I'm off to try to break triple figures with Dominic. :)

11. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

#191 Patashu, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    It already does? It's coloured red or blue.

EDIT: Vivafridge's layout for Jeskai is ridiculously fun! Pulling off massive Witchpact Blade combos and beefing up your Blight Broadswords is a ton of fun, but you don't feel weak in the early game because Blight Broadswords/Vampiric Spears are already good.

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
  13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, while I can't touch the pro's scores even using Vivafridge's deck, it is definitely improving my average score with this character.

14. guttaperk

Oct 6, 2009
    I'd asked that it also show how much damage will be done.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Beyond the initial base damage, indicating if there will be additional damage, ala some of the mana based attacks, is a roll made at the time of the attack so displaying that clearly would be confusing.

16. guttaperk

Oct 6, 2009
    #196 guttaperk, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    I understand what you're saying.

Still:

When you tap on the card on which the character is standing, it does show the current damage of the weapon. I think that information should be available without tapping.

17. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I made a folder on my iPad named Brough just to hold his games.

18. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

The weapon you are standing on is in the bottom right corner already.

19. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    No kidding. So nice to be able to clear 6 enemies with one move.

20. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm not seeing how to copy other people's boards. Am I missing something?