iPad Imangi Sale - $0.99 for a limited time

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kshep, Oct 6, 2008.

1. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    #1 kshep, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we've decided to reduce to the price of Imangi to $0.99 from the original price of $3.99 for a limited time. Get it while it lasts!

-Keith

2. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Wow, thanks for the sale. I've been debating whether to get this or not and as soon as I saw it on sale, I jumped on it! I'm looking forward to the new game too!

3. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    damn i got this a few days ago

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Imangi is by far the best word game I've ever played. The description they give about being part word game and part rubik's cube is right on. It's worth whatever they're charging for it.

They do competitions too for iTunes gift cards. I won $10 in the last one.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I saw the sale and immediately bought it. I'd been mulling it over for a while and this did the trick. So far I'm definitely liking it, though I don't know if I'll ever be competitive.

6. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Hi guys,

Thanks for picking up the game, and please let me know if you have any feedback. A lot of the features we included in the second release were directly due to fan feedback.

Crunc, the hardest thing to learn in Imangi is how to move pieces to where you want. Sometimes it looks like it may be impossible to get a piece from one location to another, but it's actually possible to move any piece to any spot on the board --even when the board is almost completely full of words.

There is a bit strategy involved in moving pieces, but once you get the hang of it, it really opens up the door to being competitive on the daily challenges. I'm actually working on putting together a video tutorial on Imangi strategy for the website, and I'm doing interviews with some of the top players. Hopefully that will help new players get up to speed faster.

Take care,

-Keith

7. Hi Keith.
    I bought your game ages ago at the higher price, and it was well worth the money. It must be the best word game on the app store bar none. Feedback? To be honest, I can't think of one way to improve on it. Normally I like to offer ideas for improvement, but you have done so well with this app, the only thing I can think of is perhaps for the player to choose different colours if they want. Superb game. Well done, and thank you.

8. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Hi wastedyuthe,

Thanks for the comments! I'll add the option to select different color tile schemes to my list of enhancements to make in the future. Thanks!

-Keith

9. fpugirl

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Well I've been playing this game all day long and love it. It was hard to get at first, but I'm getting the hang of it. I wasn't sure I'd be any good, but surprisingly, I'm doing better than I thought. I can't wait to see the video that you're putting together. I'd love to be on the top scores :) Had I known how good it was, I would have paid full price! Perhaps a lite version would be good to get others hooked!

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I'm really looking forward to that video strategy tutorial. Let us know when it's up please!

11. hyk

hyk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    awesome stuff. I'm glad this time I'm with the 99c crowd :D

12. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game and the sale! I've been working on the tutorial video. It should be up on the Imangi website by this evening. I'll respond to this thread when it's posted.

Thanks,

-Keith

13. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Imangi Tutorial Video

Hi folks,

I just posted the tutorial including tips and tricks on moving pieces in Imangi on our website. I hope this is helpful for all the new players just getting started with the game.

Please let me know if you have any other tips you'd like me to include in the tutorial.

Take care,

-Keith

14. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Thank you

Thanks so much Keith! Without the video, I honestly don't think I would have figured out the strategies of this game. I'll still need to watch it a few more times, but at least I'm beginning to understand the concept and will soon be enjoying the game much more and hopefully, I'll be able to compete with some of the high scores on the board. Not to be presumptuous, but I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we're all so appreciative that you've come to Touch Arcade to be a part of the community here. This is what iPhone gaming is all about. Best of luck to you.

15. I really don't like Imangi. Think it's a bad game. I regretted I purchased it. Well those were my thoughts UNTIL I saw the video tutorial. http://www.imangistudios.com/video.html

Hot dang I'm loving Imangi now. Call me initially puzzle impaired. Spent almost an hour trying to learn Masyu couple days ago and still trying to wrap my brain around it. Also enjoying your other one, Word Squares, you just put out too.

Maybe you should link to that video in your app even it it makes one exit Imangi. I don't really remember the techniques you showed but just knowing it's possible will get me going and hopefully get semi-decent with Imangi.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Imangi is definitely one of the best word games I've ever played. Fantastic stuff.

17. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Hi guys,

I'm happy to be a part of this community, and I'm glad that the video is helpful! I think learning to move the pieces is the hardest part of Imangi. Once you get the hang of it, the game becomes a lot more fun.

My mom actually suggested that I do the tutorial video. She hated Imangi when it first came out. :) She would get very frustrated trying to move the pieces. My brother and I spent some time teaching her these tricks and now she LOVES it. She even plays the daily challenge from time to time. Keep an eye out for "Mom" in the high score lists ;).

-Keith

18. fpugirl

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Wow thanks for the video! It really helped me out. I can't wait to see more tips and tricks from the top scorers. Also, "Mom" had the highest score the other day when I submitted my score for the daily challenge :D

19. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Hi fpugirl,

Glad the tutorial helped! My mom was so proud when she snagged the top spot in the daily challenge for a few hours that day. I think she ended up placing fourth overall that day, but she was very happy.

I'm planning on doing an Imangi Player spotlight on the top few players over the next few weeks. I've sent some interview questions to James CA, Hulett London, and The Bro (my little brother) to find out what their strategy is. They are way better than I am, so perhaps they'll have some interesting strategy to share.

-Keith

20. Love to see an option to set maximum # of same letter. Say max# of 3, 4, 5, 6.

One board I had 7 E's and 6 R's. Other boards had 6 S's, 5 L's. Now I know one can still have fun and make words out of what we are given but I really would like to set it to maximum of 4 of the same letter. I guess I can just keep restarting a new game if I see 6 or 7 of the same letter though.