I'm new here...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by blindspot, Sep 23, 2010.

1. blindspot

blindspot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    (First, my apologies if I've accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. I tried to find the most appropriate forum to post in.)

I've been avoiding this site for a while now because I love my iPhone and iPad so much that I was afraid I would get addicted to playing more games on them. I stopped playing video games altogether about 5 years ago when I had a nasty WoW addiction.

I then got exclusively into board games to break that WoW habit. Yes, just cardboard and rules, and playing face to face with other people :eek:. I started a game group (the Berkeley Board Gamers) in my town and we now have over 500 members. I must say that I am now partial to the Euro-type games that we are seeing coming out for the iPhone and iPad. In fact, I keep a Geeklist over at BoardGameGeek.com to track the best multiplayer board games that can be played on the iPad. It will be great to use this site to hear the buzz about them early on.

My wife and I recently gave birth to our first child. This means I'm now home a lot and using the iPhone and iPad to check out more games (uh oh).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and get my first post out of the way. I hope to use this site to find out about and stay up to date on upcoming and new excellent iPhone and iPad board games. See you around!

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. If you end up addicted to buying apps, there is a group for that.

3. blindspot

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    Hey, thanks for the welcome BazookaTime. :)

My name is Gabe and I am addicted to buying apps.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Welcome brah. I had a nasty WoW addiction as well. Replaced it with the WoW TCG and all was better. The game was going to shit after burning crusade anyways. And while I constantly battle the urge to play again, I never go back. Come close sometime, but never go back.

I have a newborn as well. 5 Months this past tuesday, how old is yours?

By the way you will get addicted to buying apps if you don't limit yourself. I would suggest NOT putting your credit card on the account and sticking to just getting iTunes gift cards. Easier to just say no. hahaha

Anyways, I am a friendly helpful fellow around here so feel free to ask any questions on here. I also love music, so if you need any suggestions of any breed of music hit me up too. lol

Have a great stay at TouchArcade.com

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
  6. blindspot

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks for the welcome Booch138. Late congrats on the new baby! My daughter is 6 weeks as of this past Monday, which means its getting easier now (somewhat). :rolleyes:

I like friendly helpful people like you. I try to be the same way over at boardgamegeek.com (my true online hangout). It's always good to find the helpful people on a forum and dip one's toes in gradually. I like to respect the community and culture by not just barging in posting whatever the f*ck (at least at first ;) ).

Big music fan here too. Thankfully I cannot bring myself to spend $$$ on music the way I do with apps. I mostly just listen to KCRW (GREAT radio station from LA, with a great app btw.) and use Rhapsody, MOG, Rdio, and HypeMachine. I guess you could say I like "alternative" (stupid music labels). There's too much great new stuff about for me to even consider buying it. IMO, music is best from the cloud, which I will pay for. I don't want to own it.

Anyway, nice to meet ya!

@ Cilo - Yep, joined up. Seeking help.

7. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Hey,

Welcome new friend :).

And yes, you will get addicted to this site, reading reviews, and playing iPod/iPhone games. I was/am.

Anyways, congrats on your new child! I love kids and can't wait to have my own!

8. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Welcome friend,

A bit of info. prof read all of your post or eles you will be made fun of, just make sure it sounds good and you should do fine(I found out the hard way. you make a small commet and they jump down your throat)

Best regards

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Congrats on the baby girl. No rest yet though, I've just spent a week babysitting my little cousins ages 3 and 7, it doesn't get easier for some time yet ;)

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Good luck juggling the baby and the App addiction!

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Welcome to TA!