I'm enRAGED over RAGE!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Infamous97, Nov 17, 2010.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    You. Haven't. Played. It.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Lol ok, but the game names will involve a lot of confusion, I can easily make this bet. This is a garbage, we don't have time to read long boring game descriptions anymore, it's silly to ignore that. :)

3. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    ...Totally. It has been said the game flows very smoothly and the on-rails part makes sense for this game. I thought his genius implementation of the ramp turn in Doom made it the most playable 3d roaming shooter on the app store I would love to see a freeroam Rage game. But, I actually really liked Doom resurrection so am very keen to give this a go. C'mon you lot this is ID, we are fortunate that Mr.Carmack is an iPhone gamer. Day one purchase every time. Great fun- Keep 'em coming J.C.!

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    +100, Sizzlakalonji

Anybody knows why it is so cheap?

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The "on-rails" argument is so ridiculous. You may not like a particular type of game (RPG, Shooter, etc.) but to just blindly reject any game without trying it because it's "on-rails" is such a tired premise. If you have an open mind you'll realise that there are good "on-rails" games and bad "on-rails" games. Doom Res, by this same company is IMO a great game period. I couldn't give a rat's ass whether it's "on-rails" like MANY classic arcade games are or not.

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

You're probably right. Having two Universal games with essentially the same name WILL cause confusion. More than one person WILL buy the wrong version. And, each and every one of them WILL leave a 1-star review due to their own ignorance.

But, we can just sit back and laugh at their stupidity. :D While we play our shooter. On rails. ;)

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy crap can we talk about the game instead of having the same old tired "ARGH IT'S ON RAILS!!!" argument that we have to have with every thread that even vaguely relates to a game that has any portion which might slightly resemble any kind of on rails gameplay.

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

When has that stopped anyone from having an opinion though?

9. CzarCastic

Lol at the thread title change. :D

10. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    LOL @IMNS for changing the thread title every few minutes. Might as well keep it up till the game comes out and keep everyone on their toes, include some more "on-rails bashing" in the title :)

11. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Then blame people too lazy to read a description, not ID.

12. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Perhaps they also should mention it's got retina graphics??

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Oh, that fine. I feared a have to shoot rails all the time. :rolleyes:

Again - why such a low price? That's unsusal.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Seriously, it's like getting mad at Sony that you bought a BluRay and it doesn't work in your DVD player.

15. CzarCastic

The non-HD version, titled simply 'RAGE' is the SD version intended for older generation devices.

Careful though, it's still got rails.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Moderator powers Activate!? :p

I'll definetly try to post a gameplay video as soon as this is out! (as long as you don't have to controll everything with the gyroscope and the accelerometer...)

17. seleneluna

seleneluna Active Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Japan's App Store doesn't have any paid apps by id software. Only Wolfenstein 3D lite version is there just like in NZ. That means Japanese users are out of fence AGAIN! (GTA: Chinatown Wars is not in Japan's App Store either.)
    Ha Ha Ha shit.

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Heh - I will buy this anyway.

I just hope it isn't on rails.

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Best 4 word ending of a post evar.

20. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    It's not stupidity, you should go down from your high tower.

For sure it won't happen to TA user who read the article of the game release but that's just a fraction of players.

For example some people will see the both links somewhere, won't bother read some article they don't care, because they just aim the game. With an iphone 4 they won't bother with the HD link, so will click the standard link and will buy the low res version happy to notice it is even universal.