I'm enRAGED over RAGE!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Infamous97, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah, I wish they were a little clearer on what exactly the differences were. If it's only the texture size, it would probably be useless to grab the high res one for the 3GS/3rd gen touch... but if they also add some bells and whistles to the engine for the HD one.. I'd probably rather have that version.

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Ok thanks!

3. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I just want a definitive answer, is this a rail shooter or free roam?

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This is the first time I've seen the release routed to "AUS". Based on recent activity, how long will it be when this game hits the US after AUS. (For example, if the designation was "NZ" the game would hit the US market by 11pm the following day).

5. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

It says rail shooter right in the app description, so I'd venture to guess that it's a rail shooter. :D

6. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    So now HD version of games are posted in the iphone section? :rolleyes:

That feels like a moral harassment meaning sort of iPad is crap and don't worth game threads. Ok but then just delete iPad section of those forums. :(

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The HD version of the game is also for the iPhone 4. Feel free to go hog wild and post a thread in the iPad forum too if you'd like.

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean, but I'm guessing you are thinking that the HD version is iPad only, which it isn't.

From what I understand, the HD version is Universal and compatible with iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and the iPad because of the higher resolutions. The other SD version is for older phone models that do not have the HD display.

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Ha ok I should have read the details before to post, so ID the culprit to release iphone version and limited universal version, what a garbage. :rolleyes:

10. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    DOH! Didn't notice that :(

Bummer, I'm going to pass on this then... rail shooters blow :/

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So is this one an On-Rails shooter like Doom Res is? If so I am so getting it. I think I will get it either way... but yeah.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's not limited. Seriously either read this thread or any preview article that any iPhone site has posted and all will be explained.

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Hmmm, not sure how this makes ID "garbage", I think they did the right thing to cater to all devices.

It could have gone 2 different ways if they didn't:

1. Only offer SD version where the newer iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad versions wouldn't have been up to their true potential
    2. Only offer the HD version and none of the older iPhone, iPod Touch's would have ben compatible.

I'm glad we have options...

14. CzarCastic

That's a lot of work! It's easier to skip all of that and go straight to the complaining. :p

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Closed-mindedness blows.

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Never mind I think my questions are answered. I don't get why people don't like On-Rails shooters they are an effing blast lmao.

17. CzarCastic

This thread's title blows. ;)

It makes it look like the game is called Rage, Rage HD. I'd put the HD in parentheses or use an & instead of the comma to separate the names. Otherwise, the ill-informed (like myself ;) ) will call this by the wrong name forevermore.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I think you just may be the only one who thought of it that way.

19. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    ahh kinda disappointed its on rails. didnt enjoy doom res as much as the original doom port, thats fer sure.

shame as we all know the device is capable of much better things, especially from this company. thought they were looking to push boundries :(

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

a dollar? sweet!