iPad IM+ - Angry

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by C.S.J, Jan 17, 2009.

1. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Hey guys,

just thought i would share my mis-fortune, im sure some people will laugh :confused:

ok, ages ago i tried an app called IM+ that was free, it was ok but lacked some features.

BeeJive arrived and had the features i wanted, i paid for it and have been using it since.

today, i saw IM+ again (noticing its now £5.99)

same app, same name, and it charged me for the download...... i was waiting for the "you have already purchased this app, click ok to download" or whatever it says.

paid £5.99 for nothing, as i already paid for an IM app.

edit: oops, ive put this in games instead of apps, can someone move it pleaseeeee.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    lol, sucks fot you. the old IM+ became a "lite version" and the devs got out another one with the name of the old one. That's basically what happened. Hows beejive? canyou close te application and a red bubble appears when you got new messages? thats all I really would want from it.

3. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Aww man, I'm worried about that happening everytime I re-download an app. They should add some sort of way to tell you if you have or haven't bought the app before.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I thought, there was never a lite version when i tried it, download the one with the same name as i tried before,

... bang, £5.99

:confused:

5. larrybeo

larrybeo Active Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Try Writing a Review For the App

If you attempt to write a review for the app and have not yet purchased yet it will not let you write the review. Whenever I wonder if I've bought an app or not, I try to write a review for it. If it lets you write the review, you'll know you have already downloaded it. Hope this helps :)

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    nice

+1 Pure genius!

7. CeolCeol

CeolCeol Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Doesn't iTunes ask you before buying the app? I know that you an disable this message, but you should be able to turn it back on.

Even though it's annoying, I have it set to double check with me before buying an app as I never wanted to be in this situation. It doesn't look like Apple has a return system.

8. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol sucks. can only blame yourself though

9. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008

Apple STILL doesn't allow it, but Beejive is still pretty sweet.

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    not really, i blame the developers.

I downloaded the same program as i once used :confused:

i feel they have fiddled me out of my money, time for them to hear my thoughts i think.

11. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I don't know what I haven't ever thought of it. I'm always afraid of paying for something I already own.

12. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Over Christmas I genuinely clicked Buy App when not concentrating and bought the app for around £3. When the payment had cleared to Apple I went to my Purchase History, found the app and in Report a Problem went to the accidental purchase. About 5 days later I got an email saying I could have the £3 back and to switch on the shopping cart (this doesn't actually work but it does mean you need 2 clicks which can't be accidental). It also made it clear that this was a one-off goodwill gesture.

Some time before that I bought Things for £6. Buggy piece of junk. Emailed the devs and they said to report the trouble to Apple. Which I did - and reporting that as a problem locks you out of then trying for a refund. So the devs deliberately told me how to not hurt their pocket. Nice.

Best idea is above though for the review writing. Thanks :)

13. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    One more thing, not a game so wrong forum:)

14. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Nice moves...