I'm addicted to iphone gaming...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by natedogg213, Sep 27, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha. I feel so violated. Just kidddding. Stalk away!

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'm getting beyond ynth :)

3. semibored

semibored Member

Sep 22, 2010
    The point of when you know you're too addicted to apps is when you have 30+ apps that you bought but haven't played once...

Maybe it's not just the gaming, but the idea of buying apps itself. Or is it just me?

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    100% right mate, I buy them for the experience. I have loads of haven't opened up.

5. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    LOL, it is a relief to know that I am not the only one obsessed with touch gaming. It has become quite the hobby. Just searching around for the coolest new game is quite enjoyable. You encounter some dogs, but it is all part of the fun.

P.S. I beat Highborn today. I give it a 4/5, very enjoyable turn based, tile strategy. Nice graphics, sound and gameplay. It was a tad easy most the game but got pretty intense at the end. For 99 cents, it's worth checking out.

Now to pick my next game to beat....so many choices :D

6. MadMoney

MadMoney Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Don't worry I'm addicted to

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty much.

8. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow. I couldn't agree more with all of u. So glad i am not the only one. I have a 32 gig iPhone 4 and a 64 gig iPad. All filled w games. I couldnt finish them all if I was locked alone in a cave for fifty years. Especially the awesome RPGs. There really needs to an Iphone gaming Anonymous. Sometimes I'll buy games knowing I won't get to play them for months. I should wait causebthe proces will go down but it's like a compulsion. I have to have them now. I feel like I enjoy collecting games as much as I do playing them. I love seeing that a game was released in NZ and waiting till it comes out here. It's like a freaking high. I love all kinds of gaming but for some reason I play my iPhone and iPad more than my consoles. I love the retro feel. And I'm not a Gameloft fan boy but I feel they hav given such credibility to iPhone games. I own almost all their games. not all are great but most are. To me anyway.

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    This seems more like a normal behavior. I mean either you don't really play or not that much either you play more, enjoy igaming and then it's just the standard behavior because of 3 main reasons:
    • The stuff you don't have always look more shiny, that's a rule you can apply in many contexts. That mechanism and your imagination are the reason why search for a new game is so fun.
    • For very cheap games like there's in app store, 30+ bought and not played doesn't mean that much money spend.
    • Digital shopping makes buying much more easy and quick, particularly because there's no box version to make you hesitate between the box and the digital.
    So you could feel reassured you are perfectly normal and sane. :) Some people will say you play a bit too much but if you scratch under their surface you won't find anything to envy.

10. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Me too!

@eyemh8 - Stalk away! I do it a lot too. :)

I also chat a lot though. Sammysin is right, hanging out with everyone is cool.

And, yeah, I think a lot of it may be the experience. Like right now I could be playing some cool, new game, but here I am.

There's also the big thrill of getting a promo code for a game you really actually wanted!

I'm an IT geek to begin with, so this app addiction shouldn't be too surprising, but I didn't get an iPod touch until April, and then an iPad in May, and they're both full! Doh!

Game on folks, and enjoy!

11. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    ipod touch/iphone RULES

Wow Im glad Im not the only one addicted to iphone gaming ever since I got my ipod back in april of this year I never new the ipod touch games were this awsome. In fact i didnt know at first the ipod touch could play games until my cousin showed me on his. I didnt know the ipod could handle games like modern combat or N.O.V.A. PS I got them both for a dollar :D. anyway ipod touch is my gameing device i remember when it used to be the DS AND WATS SO COOL about is that you can find any kind of game you want from racing to even first person shooters. So basicly the ipod touch and iphone are one of the best if not the best portable gameing device out ther. only thing that can make it better is a bigger battery.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I got my 3GS last xmas. At first, I wasn't really even aware of the array of games available. At some point I decided I might like to have a tower defence game to play when I had some free minutes at work or whatever and in my search for one I sorta discovered all the great stuff thats out there in the app store. But it wasn't till I acquired Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and Flight Control that I got seriously hooked. So far I've got about 40 games but it hasn't cost me as much as one new PS3 game in total! Can't beat that - and I've had more fun with many of those games than most PS3 games I've bought.

13. robertpgg

robertpgg Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I love games on my iPhone and iPad as well. I think they ofer a great time to money ratio. I play a $3 game as much as a $60 xbox game sometimes. And I can play them whenever I want. Good times.