I'm a newcomer to TA! Call me Vic.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by inFamous2-VIC, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inFamous2-VIC

inFamous2-VIC Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I lol'd. Thanks for the welcome jbruu. :p

2. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Thanks! Nice meeting you!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    And what do you know?

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No knock to you or your thread (welcome!) but these newcomer introduction threads been been getting pretty frequent, and some of us (me) were a little irritated when one of them was recently stickied. :rolleyes:

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I know that you don't know all that I know, because knowing that is a big no-no. I dunno :p

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Yup ;)

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Ditto

8. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    And all of the people who apparently dislike newcomer threads appear out of the darkness. Thanks lolavi and crew for coming to my thread and welcoming me. Since all of you guys are here, I'd like to be the one to tell you this. You guys are pretty ignorant, and have no respect to anybody who are new to this forum. The only time you are courteous is when you are called out on it. Well shame on you guys, cause at least I can show respect to people who need it. And no "thanks" are necessary, you're WELCOME.

9. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    LOL.

When I joined 2+ years ago I didn't make some "hey I'm new here, please welcome me!" thread. And guess what... I didn't have to. I started posting regularly in threads, and soon enough I made myself known.

But to come in here and get upset over something so irellivent and pointless, then to call us "ignorant" because we all didn't rush over to a thread you made and "welcome" you, is pretty pathetic.

If you don't feel welcomed here, or believe that this community doesn't care (which is complete bull-blam), then by all means feel free to leave.

People here at TA care about EVERYONE that joins, but, we're getting tired of all these pointless "hey look at me, I just joined your site, welcome me" threads, which is why none of us post in them. I'd love for you to stay here and become a valuable member of our community, I really would.

TLDR; we care about you, but to "attack" us for not rushing to say "Hi", doesn't help your case.

10. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    #30 inFamous2-VIC, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    The fact is, I appreciate people who respect people; you and "We don't like newcomer threads crew" came and said your opinion on stuff like this. Start a riot, go on strike for all I care. Just don't whine about "oh we hate newcomer threads that get stickied and etc" on my thread. And if you haven't noticed; there isn't a newcomers section. If you don't like it so much, message hodapp or just make a thread for you and like the other 4-5 people that don't like threads like these. It seems you've been here for quite a while, and no mod has accepted your wish of newcomer threads to become gone just because and I quote "we're getting tired of all these pointless "hey look at me, I just joined your site, welcome me" threads." Tell a mod; not me bro. You have tell them what's wrong, not me.

Tl;dr version: I understand you care and what not but please, do not complain in my thread. I wonder why the mods haven't listened you guys. Things happen for a reason. This thread serves a purpose, and complaining isn't it. Thanks though.

11. inFamous2-VIC

Aug 24, 2012
    Also, most forums have a newcomers section. (just saying) that's why people find it more appropriate to put it in the off topic section (lounge) cause guess what? It's off topic, and doesn't have a section! Hodapp can do whatever he wants to threads as he sees fit, as he is a mod. So ask them, not me.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    The mods are listening, and this thread has served its purpose.

Welcome.