iPad iLandCars - Racing Game ($0.99) + Lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Aug 3, 2009.

1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    iLandCars, is a 3D roaming racing game. It transports a player to memorable islands. When exploring these islands a player must collect relic stars to progress from island to island while firing missiles to destroy targets for bonus points. A player races against the clock to obtain all the stars. Use the environment including ramps, jumps, seesaws and obstacles to bust-out crazy flips, spins and twist for extra bonus points! Post your scores up and compete against yourself and your closest friends!

iLandCars Features:
    • Free-Roam 3D Tracks loaded with more jumps, ramps, targets than you can shake a stick at
    • Stages Include “Spiral Mountain”, “Egypt Bricks”, “French Arch” and "SquareHills"
    •4 cars, “Big Blue Wheelie”, “Lil-Green Monster”, “Yellow Jack-et” and "Red-Rocket"
    •Master the game using Innovative directional touch-sensitive aiming of “Missile Attacks”
    •Chuck and successfully land flips, twists and spins to increase bonus points
    •Intuitive driving physics allowing player to actually drive by steering the iPhone

Note: Works Best on iPhone 3G(S)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324332004&mt=8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, this sumbeech looks sweet!

3. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    looks cool

4. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Yes it does

5. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

this game was really fun but it should need some performence upgrade for the iphone 3g because it really slows down so you almost cant play it.

6. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    says it works best on 3GS

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I have an iPod Touch 2g and there's considerable lag for the game. I don't get a feeling of speed and the graphics are blocky during gameplay. I know they mentioned that this works best on the 3GS, so I can't say how much better this might be on that device. Right now though, it's not great on the Touch.

8. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I had a 2G until 2 weeks ago when it broke. So I got the 3GS last week. Maybe I'll try this game later and see how it works on it. Although I don't understand why the dev would release a game that would only work good on the 3GS when a good percentage of people don't have one yet.

9. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i hope lazy unoptimized coding isnt beginning to rear its head just cos the 3GS can do it .. siiiigh

10. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    This looks like it is from darxun games. They all have this similar crappy look

11. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
  12. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    interesting it looks like crayon physics + big fun racing + 3d

13. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    ok ill toftt

14. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    hmmm.....really quick first impressions. STAY AWAY.

15. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    are you on a 3GS dan?

16. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    oh my, I was about to buy and try....

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    What device you on Danny?

18. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    ipod touch 2g. but it sucks, 3gs or not.

19. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    And, here I was trying to be diplomatic :rolleyes:

20. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK so I usually try to look at th bright side of games. If they're not too good I try to be polite. But geez. So you know the basics from description and screenshots. Drive car, collect stars, blow up targets. At first it looked good since it had multiple locations and stuff. NO. Let's ee here.

Performance. I'm on a iPod touch 2g. This is not too good. The menu itself lags while you tap stuff. There are a few cars and locations to choose from. They are locked. So I managed with the lag and launched the game. Too much. You have to flip over and such to gain points, blow up targets with the missile, and collect the stars. As I said performance is laggy.

Another frustrating thing are the controls. It's just a bit too much. Sometimes I pressed go to accelarate and it would get mixed up with throwing missiles. So I lined up straight with a target to fire a missile. Where are they fired from? I'm lined up with it. It's not hitting the target. I don't really see it launch eithebit just takes a few seconds and then I see a explosion somewhere. The car flips a lot which is sort a problem.

In total, don't buy. I'm usually not this harsh but I'm honest. Oh and sorry if theres any mispells. Typing on ipod.