IGN Game Reviews

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by free games, Dec 5, 2008.

1. free games

free games Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Has anyone else noticed how IGN are now giving 3 different reviews for most new games. One form IGN(US), one from IGN(AUS) and one fron IGN(GB). With most big new games at least one of those reviews is decent, even if the other two are terrible. It feels like IGN only invented these other sites so that they could keep developers sweet, with scores that they could quote on the back of the box. I used to live by IGNs reviews but they seem to have loast alot of integrity with this new system. What do you guys think!?

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    You do know that GB and AU games are not the same as US games right?

They have very strict ratings board and AU frequently gets altered games so they aren't banned outright.

All those rating may not help US gamers but they are a godsend for anyone overseas. They can see how their version compares to ours. An example would be that the ps3 is region free, so if a game is banned or the gore is taken out they can just import another copy.

3. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    I also noticed they skipped every news about 1112:/

4. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Give it time.

5. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I think IGn are pretty good. Considering that Gamespot are bias, no question about it at least IGN can give some honest reviews without firing staff for not giving a game a better review because the publisher paid lots of money in advertising!!!

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    send them an email after the update! They just did a review of a chose your own adventure type game so I think they will enjoy the game as much as we have.

7. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I think its a really good app. I always have liked IGN. Hopefully, they will expand from just reviews and post walkthroughs and cheats and other things.

8. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Yeah, your game, spin, had been out for a while before they reviewed it, then they have it an editors choice award. Congrats on that, by the way. And ign has been doing that for a while, but it's just becoming more common, and since different games come out in a different regions at different times, it's smart to have all 3 sites linked so people can see what will eventually come to their region