iPad iGamePack: 7 for 1

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Blaqkie, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I just saw this new game in App Shopper.

Link

It looks pretty cool. 7 fun little games in 1. No video, and limited screen shots.
    Anyone to TOFTT?

2. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    if u look at the screens, this app is actually ad supported. theres crazy hotdogs and chronicles of inotia at the top parts.

3. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    nice find..i see the start of a trend for devs to use this method

4. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Yea. That's a big turn off for me. (In a non-sexual way) :p

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    LOL haha..why is it a turn off? cause pay more for a game u want along with a whole bunch of other crap?

6. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    it doesnt seem ad supported those ads are only of other com2us games.

7. TempFolder

TempFolder Member

Dec 17, 2008
    iGamePack!!

it looks so simple but actually it has nice details..
    each characters have different effect for each games.
    i'm sure, it's a challengeable game! :D

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I TOFTTd. I. Don't like RPGs, horror games or hotdogs but oh well
    Any questions ask me.....

9. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #9 snow_mani, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    Are you the dev?

@ TempFolder - are you the dev of this game? Or are you closely associated with the dev? I ask because your only other post before this one was back in December in the Diner Dash vs Crazy Hotdogs thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=2410
    And in that thread there were a LOT of posts by new users all in favour of the Crazy Hotdogs game. The majority of those new posters have never made another post since. Not one. And now your second post is about another game by the same dev. Hence my question and my suspicion. Are you the dev or are you closely associated with the dev of this game?

10. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Btw, link in OP doesn't work. Any questions about the pack and I'll be here to answer!

11. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Ad-supported. It is. I paid and it's ad supported.

12. TempFolder

TempFolder Member

Dec 17, 2008
    i'm just a fan of com2us and dchoc~

13. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    @ ibelongintheforums - sorry to hear that. It sounds like yet another reason to avoid apps by this dev. After the suspicious posts in the thread about Crazy Hotdogs I was really turned off this dev. And that is the sole reason I have never purchased a single one of their apps. In that thread, way back in December, there were 5 new posters who I was very suspicious of (I think they are the dev posting under multiple usernames) and 3 others who I am suspicious of and I suspect that they are the dev but I am not 100% sure. I come here to read real opinions by real everyday users like myself. I don't come here to read fluff pieces and fake reviews and fake praise.

14. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #14 snow_mani, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    Hhhmm. Nope. Sorry to say it but I just don't believe you. There were 4 other single post members who praised Crazy Hotdogs in that previous thread. All were registered around the same time. All the posts occured when that thread needed a bump up to make it more visible back on the 1st page and all those single post users had similar ways of phrasing their posts, using English, etc. In addition there are 3 other posters in that thread that I suspect are the dev or closely connected to the dev.

EDIT: and now I notice that after being called out about it you are now posting on other threads.

15. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    Here it is.

This game is add supported. It feels like a direct port from a gameboy color. The controls are exactly the same and the games are so out dates they feel as if they were made in 1989. The controls are horrible as instead of giving a d-pad (which they give u for the menu), u just get a single button. Having a single button is very frustrating to control and doesn't provide a real experiance at all. I.E. When I want to go left in the block breaker game I press ok once then press again to go right. None
    Of the games are worth mentioning. This package reminds overall of the xbox arcade deal but is so much worse. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away.

P.S. Adds are for there games only.

16. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I actually like this game

I think the great crayon artwork and easy controls work really well.

What really drags me to this game is that you have to figure out how to get the different characters unlocked, as well as to master all the games.

Just my opinion though

17. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I found the lite version interesting. Yes is simple in graphics and control but is fun for a time. Different and retro too

18. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    IMO, ads in apps can be invasive or not. If done well (ie Tower Defense) it gets you a good game where the ads do no get in the way at all.

19. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    oh man! he totally got you! sooooo busted, nice one snow mani. hahahah

20. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I don't see adds in the pictures of the paid version. I think is only in the lite/free one