iFighter (194x shooter) out soon! (+ stupid App Store story)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tosui, May 7, 2009.

1. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    The guys at Epic Force submitted iFighter on April 27th, then got a message on May 1st saying it was rejected because they included the following statement in the description:

"The demo version of iFighter has been downloaded more than 1.7 million times and here is the full version everyone is waiting for!"

Apparently, *absolutely* no use of the word "demo" is permitted; they resubmitted the same day without the word.

So it looks like the game should be out by next week! For anyone that's played the lite version, the full version looks like it's going to be awesome :D Check out some shots here.

Fyi, it's going to be $1 as an intro sale, so grab it early.

(No, I'm not with the devs. I've just been looking for a really - really! - good 194x game and this fits my need :D)

2. PSMOkizzle

PSMOkizzle Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Why is the word 'demo' a taboo?

3. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I was the first one to spot the iFighter Lite app and post a thread on it. I can't wait for the full thing to be released as it looks great.

Maybe 'demo' is prohibited because Apple could get sued if an app differs loads from the demo. Lite version doesn't suggest that one is a smaller version of the other if you know what i mean.

4. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Apple works in mysterious ways.

Perhaps they have some sort of weird mandate that obligates every dev to call them 'trial' or 'lite' versions.. and no, that still doesn't answer your question, sorry.

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    haha that is so stupid, apple is so mysterious when they accept and reject apps, half the time i think they dont even know what theyre doing..