iFart Mobile Set Record with sales of $27,249 on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Zincous, Dec 28, 2008.

1. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    The iPhone as handheld console competitor, right? I just came from Best Buy and didn't see a single fart game for the DS, or the PSP.

Personally, I don't get the proflatulence but antihugebouncing breasts stance that Apple has taken up here. Is there some vague subtlety that draws a line between the maturity required to appreciate a wet fart and the idealized female form?

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

In part, the number of 'silly' apps doing well on the app store is a side effect of the price battle that's forced games down to 99c. With the prices that low and everything being seen as budget and throwaway, apps that would normally only be done as free apps are worth pushing at 99c and they do well.

3. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Yes. You can't go to hell for farting, but you might for looking at boobies.

I kid. I am with you on this one. I don't like the double standard.

4. too much maturity is boring

i think your medicare application was accepted :p

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    rofl

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

That happen a long time ago. I lost all hope when George Bush got Re-elected.

7. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington

Really makes everyone re-think what they are working on. Or a fire to get in-process product to market quickly.. Anytime anyone has an idea.. there are at least 3 others out there doing the same thing.

Remember - although bigger apps are selling. What's the average cost of goods on the iTunes store? .99.

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm becoming a huge supporter of the idea that the Top Apps ranking was based on revenue and not the number of downloads. Then it wouldn't penalize those who are concerned about production values.

9. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    That's a lot of farting

10. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Wow... I bet Apple is really proud of their decision of allowing the farting apps into the app store. I don't think it was an excellent idea, but as long as they're making money, it doesn't really matter. :p

Does anyone know how much MotoChaser has earned in total? I'm curious and it seemed it was a fairly popular $1 game for quite some time.

11. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I bet if iBoobs were approved it would make at least $50k in one day...

12. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    meh, 100k

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Nah, only male iPhone owners would buy it, or maybe not ;). I'd buy at least two copies though...

14. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Why didn't I think of making an app that has a few farting noises! I could have made so much money for such a silly app!:confused:

15. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

What, you think women are buying the farting apps? I would not pay for a fart app, however, at 41 years of age, farts are still funny to me at times.

I actually think more women would download the boobs than they would a fart app. A lot of women like other women ya know....

16. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I would hope there are no women buying iFart Mobile!!

17. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Maybe, I'm not a mind reader here. What I'm saying is that iBoobs wouldn't make so much as $100k unless EVERYONE bought it...