If you were a game designer...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kira Yu, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Kira Yu

Kira Yu Well-Known Member

#1 Kira Yu, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    If you were a game designer, what kind of game would u like to produce? As for me, I wanna make a fun game like Super Mario.

2. A modern day remake of Robotron.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Something similiar to Mount&Blade. People would grab such a game out in a day if it'd come to iOS.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Sacred 2 for iPhone

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Something along the lines of FTL. A game you can play on iPad while you relax on the couch. No fast action as it doesn't play to the platform's strengths, so it'd likely be turn based and allow for complex and strategical planning. Plenty of random factors and unlockable/collectable content for added replay value.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd look for not-so-famous or not-so-well-accepted but somewhat innovative game and add some improvement, changes and additions to it.

Like how Lili came about, and everyone thought the movement controls were unique and innovative, when in fact Brandnew Boy had the same scheme with timed taps for combat similar to timed swipes in Lili. Seems like Lili had the better marketing approach too... so i will look into doing something similar next.

Right now, creating a truly unique experience in gaming is a very difficult thing to achieve. Almost everything has been tried already. Im sure something will surprise us from time to time, but innovating from a tried and true formula seems to be the way to go when just starting out.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Year Walk. Hopes are high.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hope so too... Curiosity was a bit of a disappointment.

9. OneHitGamer

OneHitGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Florida
    If I was in full control and magically could
    Make a game....I would produce my own ideas. (won't discuss them here lol) well one of them anyways would be a game called something like "LiFe" where the graphics resemble that of Skate. Yet you walk around a major city, can enter EVERY building or sky scraper and even enter ever single room, where others live. You progress by aging. And you only have one time to get it right or start over. You can even climb to the top of a skyscraper and toss someone off if you choose the crime route. However you will get a prison sentence an game over. If your walking across a street and get smashed by a car depending on the damage and if you survive. Go to work or live homeless on the streets. Steal or don't. Basically it's like real life with real life consequences. You could have fun and gta it around but you better know how to escape. Spend time in jail (real time clock) imagine that, you commited a crime and get 10 days jail. For 10 real life days you cannot exit. Or you can move about in jail an get in a fight. You could drown. Anything. Te point is surviving. Imagine having a character that's a law obiding citizen and you have been playing for a year. All of a sudden a semi truck tbones your car and it's all back to the start.
    All in a world with visuals as good as Skate.

Copyright Joshua H. Aka Sketch lmao

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Knowing that spending time in a game in real-life-time will be too boring for me.

The whole idea you have here seems good, but why would you want to play a game like that if you can do it in your real life instead? I mean the game runs in real-life-time... Why not DO IT, y'know?

Just my $0.02.

11. OneHitGamer

OneHitGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Florida
    Good point. The reason you do it is to live an alternate life. Perhaps have a job that's unrealistic for you to get. Perhaps to influence the world your in like being a mayor and making choices. Better yet, perhaps you just wanna launch a guy off the roof of a skyscraper and see if you can avoid getting caught. All things that the average joe cannot do in real life without real consequences etc. pwnt. Lol

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That sounds cool and all, but i still wont touch it if it was movin in real time. And i guess, to a certain extent, the GTA games are there for that. :D

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #13 september, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Too silly, even for me.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    HA! No! Drop that Sacred!

I'd develop a 3D 4X / space combat game, like Homeworld or Sword of the Stars! There is not a single one of these on iOS!

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Oh, well, the daily life in my department is "exciting" enough. ;)
    I need a some more boring real-life game.

16. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I'd love to do a good tablet RTS game. Some of my all time favorite games are RTSs and I think tablets are a perfect form for a game like Warcraft II or Total Annihilation, just slimmed down a little. Obviously you cant have the complexity that you can on a PC, but there's still a lot you can do with all the screen realestate of a modern tablet.