If you liked SkyCoaster, you'd hate...SoftServe

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ziconic, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ziconic

ziconic Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    So our latest app SoftServe has finally been approved by Apple and is now on the iPhone app store.

SoftServe's development actually predates that of SkyCoaster 3D, but after being rejected *twice* by Apple, we decided to put it on the backburner while we focused on SkyCoaster. You see, SoftServe's original name was iDoo, and, yes, it was intended to out-poop all the fart apps on the app store (using the same 3D technology that SkyCoaster uses, no less). We have since repackaged the app to remove all explicit poop references (but it's still as fun), and we are thankful to Apple for having the sense of humor to let it through.

Is it worth your $0.99 though? If you ask me, I'll gladly pay $0.99 just to have SoftServe's icon on my phone. :D
    [​IMG]

2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Holy !$&# this is stupid!!

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    +1

Yes Holy sh!t this is stuipid. Lol but Peep Show (From BlazingLizard) is worse but all of there games are bad anyways

4. Please, please let this be the end (ha! end) of the bloody farting/pooping/belching/puking/sucking chest wounding apps.

Seriously. The whole damn lot of them need to go DIAF, source code and all.

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I have to say that, given the incredible job you've done on SkyCoaster, I'm actually a bit disappointed to see this. The only way I'd consider buying it is if I could take the "end" results, put them in a virtual brown bag and set it on fire ;)

6. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #6 stargazer513, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    oh come on ppl..they worked hard on that and got rejected twice..show some symphathy

it was an early project, created during the time of poop and fart rush, so everythings good, okay

if you were a dev and have a finished proj..your not just gona abandon it are you, i wouldve released even if its old

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Old is not the issue here, content is. With my bad stomach I have a poop and fart rush almost every day, but I don't celebrate it with an application :D Seriously, though, I probably wouldn't have even given this thread a second thought, but I've been really impressed with their work on SkyCoaster, and I was hoping for something a little more "palatable" from their "second" game. Remember, it's only an opinion, and he DID ask if we'd be willing to pay 99 cents for this.

On the plus side, I do like the icon :rolleyes:

8. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    How about we launch SkyCoaster+SoftServe, where you get to ride a big long loopy tube of poop? :D :D :D

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hmm, the combination of these two could be something akin to a virtual colonoscopy :eek:

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL
    I looked at the iTunes page and went "that doesn't much like icecream... OMG!":p

11. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    Btw if you guys want a promo code for SoftServe, just PM me. All you have to do is agree to write a review that helps clarify what the app is about. ;)

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    But we don't necessarily have to say we like it, right :rolleyes:

13. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh yeah you guys can rate it however you want. I don't think it's ethical to game the rating system. :cool:

14. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    pm sent!

15. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
  16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  17. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
  18. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    oh lol i watched the vid
    its actually nothing like those other stupid fart and poop apps!
    this is creative.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ummm, yeah. Still not really sure I know what it's about :) Anyway, I posted a quick writeup about it somewhere that I won't name since we're not allowed to self-promote, but suffice it to say that I deleted the app right after writing my piece about it (then I synced it again because I forgot to take a screen shot, but then I deleted it again). Anyway, thanks for the scoop on this one, but I really hope you concentrate future efforts on SkyCoaster :rolleyes:

20. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    #20 ziconic, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009