If there was a iPhone sdk for windows...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by anonymous, Apr 16, 2009.

1. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    Would you male a game? I shure would.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I would definitely male a game while wearing my shure custom fit ear buds. :D

Seriously though, there's a lot more to making quality games that anyone would want to download (or more importantly pay for) than just accessibility to a SDK. If SDK access is your problem, you can pick up a used Mac Mini for $300 or less off Craigslist. Unfortunately, SDK access alone doesn't come with knowledge of Objective-C, an innovative game idea that hasn't been beaten to death on the App Store, and most importantly, the quality art resources to make your game stand out in the crowd.

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I wouldn't male a game either, I might buy it but I def wouldn't male it.

lol at failed spelling

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Get a Mac.

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I would make a game/app for the iphone/ipod touch if they has a SDK for windows....
    But the SDK for iphone will never be avaibable on Windows...

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Presuming that, I would probably give a crack at it, but I don't think I'd submit anything. Just jailbreak to avoid having to pay to put it on my device, and all that. I don't think I'd make anything that anyone would want. Maybe just me a custom Notes app or an email feeder.

7. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I wish they would at least do something like... i don't know.. create an official plugin for something like Eclipse so Windows users could make apps. I do want to get a Mac but I don't have any money to get one and I want to make an app and sell it, hopefully making enough money to buy a Mac. But I cannot find any good workarounds. I was going to try to make an app on my laptop and then take the code and all and finish it on my friends Mac. *sigh* oh well... guess there's no room for me on the app store.. *tears* lol