Universal Iesabel (Cross-platform Action RPG) by Forever Entertainment

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Michal.FE, Jul 8, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #61 metalcasket, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Here you go. Pretty standard way of saying Isabel/Isabelle/whatever. :p

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Okay let's try that again! Here's my server, anyone can join in for some coop fun:

Adress: 81.56.217.140
    No password.

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Getting late here so ill join in tomorrow.

Have fun guys :)

4. killercow

Thanks, goodnight :)

5. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Isn't this just Dungeon Hunter reskinned and cloned? What's different? Hasn't this genre been flogged to death? Anything different, unique? How does it compare to Dungeon Hunter?

6. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    1. It's an unrepresented genre on iOS actually, at least done well.

2. It differs in many ways, but mainly it has no IAP, no timers, no pay to win and some actual atmosphere.

7. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Looks really interesting...how many equipment slots are there? How is the loot?

8. john360

john360 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Great game love the environment except it hoes yellow if you put it graphics to max, so far its great, and no iap so thats better, well atleast i dont have to pay real $ just to fix,buy,upgrade etc. to play, keep up the good work

9. anwar79

anwar79 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Buying now but wont have time to play it. Does anyone know how well it plays on iphone as compared to iPad.

10. killercow

There are 12 equipement slots and you can find some color coded items (Purple, Orange, Green). There are also some items that you need to identify with some identification scrolls a la diablo (Well 1 and 2 anyway :D)

11. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Feedback

So, at first glance (an hour or so in), it looks like a good and solid game, with a few problems.
    The graphics look nice, gameplay is - mostly, see below - smooth. Cannot say anything about story yet, not far enough in.

And here are the problems I found so far.
    1. The intro movie does not have subtitles
    2. Equipment icons on Inventory/Shop screens are too dark, and very hard to see
    3. No autopickup for all items. Some work (like gold), some (like armor) don't. Make autopickup work for everything.
    4. Barrels aren't autotargeted. It gets annoying quite fast to manually target each barrel I come across.
    5. Equipment: No easy indicator for "can I use this". E.g. green background for "yes", orange background for "yes, but your level is too low", red background for "wrong class". After only an hour or so, I am already immensely annoyed by having to check each piece.
    6. The huge NPC icons in the upper left quadrant that are displayed when someone joins you: Those are way too big; less than half size would be better, plus an option to only display a oneliner (name) and the health bars. E.g. during the "Cut Off" quest, the icons for my summoned Spider, and the soldiers joining me took up almost the whole left third of the screen, covering up area and enemies.
    7. Witch: The Spider you can summon moves way too slow to keep up with you. Either speed it up or give it a teleport ability so it catches up when it gets too far away.
    8. Witch: That you have to manually target the AoE skills like "Ancestor's Wrath" was not a good idea. One, it disrupts gameflow. Two, when things get a bit hectic, aiming them properly gets quite hard. Why not just auto-activate them in a straight line / at a fixed point away from the character?
    9. No option to respec skills/stats: See point above. I already want to kick out the AoE skills, but can't because I cannot respec. This isn't Diablo1 anymore; yes, I am a lazy bum with not much free time on my hands. Which is exactly why I expect a respec option; instead of having to start another character if I want different skills.

12. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I just purchased the game, and it does look good. I haven't seen any sign of the yellow screen, and I am playing it on iPad 3. Similar to what some other eople have noted, I picked the barbarian as a class, named him, but when I started the game, it said that my character was the witch.

13. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks for the info - sounds like my kind of game!

14. Michal.FE

Michal.FE Well-Known Member

3 - We didn't want autopickup for "major" items because of a simple problem. You can pick unlimited gold and potions, but you have only limited number of slots for weapons and armors. So in the first levels where there are not many enemies and not many loot to collect autopicking might be more convenient. But imagine if you have a huge battle with a hundred of skeletons, each dropping an item. You'd run out of place in no-time. Then if you spot a potentially good item, youd have to go to menu, drop one of the auto-collected items and go pick up your desired one. Annoying as hell. And if you mistakenly collected a different item than you wanted because there were few lying near each other? I assure you'd not be too happy :)

8 - You really need this flexibility in bigger battles. And when enemies are behind an obstacle.

9 - There is a way to reset skills. In the south part of Slava village, way beneath the 2 guys sitting by the campsite is a special guy that can help you. It's gonna cost you though :)

- I reckon that you play on iPad 2, am I right?

15. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #75 EightRooks, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    I agree with most of these, more or less - I like it, it's very impressive in some respects (much better than one-man-band games like DeProfundis) but at the same time it's still a bit of a mess.

One thing, though - there is an NPC in the first village who'll respec you, for a fee.

16. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Two things, is there a tap to move option and is there new game+ / randomization?

Thanks.

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Nice. A new game from Forever Entertainment without any IAP and in a new genre for them. Cool. Even with a few flaws I could easily add this to my next batch of game purchases.

18. Lowwolf

Lowwolf Member

May 17, 2012
    Just wanted to add that I, too, purchased the game after reading about it's not having timers/IAP's. Any other developers out there who might be reading this take note: usually I'd probably sit back & see if a price drop/free-a-day situation might be coming up, but when I see a developer respect the gamer community by not spamming us with IAP I make sure to show my support.

19. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Thanks for the fast reply.

Autopickup: Makes sense the way you explain it. Which is why I liked the "autotrash" option in DungeonHunter2: You could set a level of equipment, and anything below that just got trashed automatically (and you got a bit of gold for it). Would that be a solution?
    Plan B would always be unlimited inventory, which I personally prefer anyways. And no, "realism" is not a valid answer ;) try carrying 5 platemails yourself, then we'll take again about that...

AoE spell targeting: Will see how it goes. Maybe I just need to get used to having to target them.

Respec: Found him. Geez, that guy is almost impossible to see. Make him more visible? And it would be nice if he actually tells me how much it will cost to respec, instead of just saying "not enough gold".

- iPad2: Yes.

20. Michal.FE

Michal.FE Well-Known Member

Ok, since you are using iPad 2

6 - the size is by default optimized for retina iPads. On non retina screens the buttons and companion icons may be too big. But you can make them smaller. Just go to the options menu, you have a change HUD size slider there.