Universal Iesabel (Cross-platform Action RPG) by Forever Entertainment

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Michal.FE, Jul 8, 2013.

1. d750cz

d750cz Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Czech Republic
    Just talk to oracle again on every topic.

2. JEMelby

JEMelby Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Thanks for that.. Sometimes it pretty simple. Without this forum, I would have tossed the game and been bitter.

Anyone know of walkthru? I like to be able to consult a WT when I just get plain stuck.

3. JEMelby

JEMelby Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    The Game is Not Ready

After struggling through the game once, I've decided it isn't ready for release yet. Here's why:

Frequent crashes, coupled with a "checkpoint" based save system means you can fight your way to the next gate/waypoint only to have the game crash, leaving you to fight your way from the last checkpoint again. And by the way, when you restart after a crash, the game remembers how many pots you had, so the pots you used to get to where the game crashed are gone. The up side is that you also still have any loot you may have picked up. You can manually save the game any time you want. This will save items, quest progress, money, etc... But will still have physically restart at the last gate/waypoint.

The game is just too demanding for the iOS. I am playing on a latest gen ipad mini, and my frame rate rarely gets above 5 or 6. I don't care how lush and detailed your graphics are supposed to be.... But it looks like ass at 3 fps.

No guides or pointers for secondary quests. Even when they are set to "active". This means secondary quests are mostly only completed by accident.

No gamma correction. On about half the maps, you can't even see the targets because the scene is too "gloomy." Again - I don't care how fantastic your graphics are supposed to be, but I'm just not having a good experience looking at 100 different shades of black for scenery.

Wall and object collision is way to touchy. If you've taken to time to render such a rich and detailed landscape, I should be able to walk over what is obviously a flat and level piece of map. Instead, you have run back and forth to find the invisible 'hole' in the landscape that will let you pass. This is even more painfull at 3 fps.

In total, the gameplay and controls are technically excellent, and is reasonably priced. but the over reaching graphics render the game an abysmal disappointment. Developers need to worry less about what the top end of an iOS is, and concentrate more on an enjoyable game experience. This game tries to nourish you on a half-ounce of caviar... I'd much rather have a pound of ribeye for my money

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    There's a graphics option in the pause menu. iPhone 4S here, and although I have some crashes from time to time, framerate isn't nowhere that bad. Even with everything enabled in graphics the game is still playable, although a bit less stable.

It's true that the game needs some polishing though. I feel like the graphics are too good, while the menus are too bad, and that's some really bad contrast.

5. d750cz

d750cz Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Czech Republic
    I finished the game on my iPad 3 and ios 7.02 without a single crash.

6. evelyndeath

evelyndeath New Member

Oct 3, 2013
    to pass the invisible barrier in lower gardens, use teleport skill (witch)

i completed the game once, now i'm trying to find one more trophy but it's impossibru. help!

7. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Urmm, you do know that the iPad Mini is just an iPad 2 spec wise? The iPhone 4S is more powerful than the Mini.

Does anyone know how well this performs on the iPhone 5?

8. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Still in act 1 but cant play properly due to crashing in the cemetery location..fffffuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! really great game though..enjoying my lucky barbarian..lol

9. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Wrong!! Ipad mini is more powerful than iphone 4S because is clock is more high like Ipad 2, same specs. Infact Ipad 2 is more powerful than an iphone 4S.

10. Meggle

Meggle New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Stuck at start of Act 3

I am trying to enter the main gate and have to kill all the mosquitoes at the oasis and bring the guard a brew. As far as I know I've killed the mosquitoes at the sites indicated on the minima and bought a potion from the merchant. But the guard just repeats his demands. What am I missing?

11. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Its not "potion"..although you can buy that quest item in the potion shop..it has a specific name and buy all of it :)

12. Meggle

Meggle New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply. Ive bought 'Pints of prickly fire' from the merchant. I presume that's the stuff but still no go.

13. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Just tried this on my new iPad air and I have to say it looks plain ugly. It all looks like it was build for iPhone 4 (on which it was pretty laggy) or something. Even the text is unsharp. I read that this game is supposed to look pretty good, what makes me think that there's something wrong with this build. I turned all graphics settings I could find up btw.
    Has anyone had a similar experience?

14. replicanttheory

replicanttheory Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Played through completely on an iPhone 5c. Did not experience any crashes or glitches what so ever. The game as a whole is completely enjoyable. There is a fairly decent story line throughout with a semi predictable plot line if you have played any diablo like game in the past. The best parts of the game are the crazy amount of loot dropped, visual character customization, great upgradable skill tree and complete lack of in app purchases. Great games like this are far and few between. Buy it, play it and enjoy it... But that is my opinion.

15. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Does anyone know if the Barbarians One Handed Mastery and Dual Handed Mastery stack? I would really like to know before I invest in both.

16. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Hi there! Can anyone pls let me know what control schemes are incl.? Is it virtual stick only?

Thank you

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Tap to walk and virtual stick. It also has options for manual aiming and some other things. If you want a Diablo-like game, this is one of the best in the App Store, if not the best. For $0.99 is a joke.

18. Alcadeias

Alcadeias Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    I encountered a few bugs...

1. In Act II, Golden Orbs quest did not give rewards. I collected the 5 orbs requested and talked to the quest NPC (Nevele). He just said "Thanks!" and nothing else happened. The quest remains uncompleted (says 'Talk to Nevele'), I still have the balls in my possession and I can't talk to Nevele anymore.

2. In Act II, final main quest (A Message from the Past), quest progression is stuck at 'Talk to Niguma'. I've already entered the desert and talked to him again at the portal.

3. In Act III, story progression is stuck at Portal. Says 'Need to activate Portal' but I already have. Since then I've talked to the guard at the gate, killed all the mosquitoes in the Oasis region and bought the pints of Pricky Fire, but the NPC refuses to let me continue (this part of the quest isn't listed in my log).

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    In the website, it show another playable class aside from the Witch and Barbarian. Will this 3rd class (female assassin-ish) be released?

20. Accordion Noir

Apr 21, 2013
    To get a level of two handed you need that one-handed level first. So you can get the one handed without worry of wasting it.