iDrop Dead: Design a character competition (3 gets into the game + 20 promo codes)!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ttursas, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Damned...

The t-shirt -guy totally forgot the shirts, so we should get the test shirt tomorrow, and the rest later tomorrow or on Wednesday. :p Next time we'll just order the shirts before the competition ends, to avoid these delays... You see I too want my iDrop Dead shirt asap! ;)

2. apppanther

apppanther Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    3rd contest idea!

:DNext time you have a competition it should be a combined competition- background, objects, and a character creation contest all in one! It would take longer to do, but it would be so awesome!

3. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    We already have something totally different in store for the third contest, but why limit the contests to three? ;) But let's see when contest number three ends...

But having three different categories inside one contest might be too much. It's going to be difficult to evaluate background images against ingame objects...

4. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Tri-color blood, and sweets

Ok, v1.3.0 has now two special colors for Pinata, but they can be used with other characters as well. Tri-color blood (red, green and yellow), and those three types of sweets of the same colors. I still need to tweak the sweets a little, but they do look nice - and totally out of place, which is ok! :D

PS. Oh yeah, notice the small clock at the bottom of the screen, should help you achieving those level goals in normal mode.

Attached Files:

5. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    T-shirt update

Ok, we got the test t-shirt, but the image was too light. We'll make it darker for the printing machine, and get those shirts printed tomorrow. :) Almost there...

6. Weebler

Weebler Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I will take the light one, haha. By the way, my friends are impressed with the app and they have iPods too. Expect two more customers soon. :)

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    I'm pretty sure that if you keep on participating the contests you'll get one iDrop Dead t-shirt, one that's of good quality. ;)

But awesome! Perhaps we'll make our new record and sell more than 10 units in day! :D

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I really hope that's exaggerating, you deserve way more than that. Maybe after the next update is up I'll write a nice long user review on here and see if I can convince some more people.

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    It's sad, but (almost) true. On the best day so far iDrop Dead sold 16 units in the States, and total global sales for that day was something like 25. Yesterday wasn't that great... It's our biggest game so far, but working 1/50th of the development time at a local McDonalds would have been more profitable.

Thanks, that would be great! :) We can only hope that future updates and reviews will increase the sales... If not, I'll start just watching tv instead.

10. apppanther

apppanther Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    What?

I'll write up a great review on my site and on here! Oh, and to MidianGTX, stop hatin! My drawings were awesome- especially for having to do it on paint, and aren't you the guy with that wack zebra? One word- photoshop! Don't criticize my drawings when you draw that zebra thing! Your pinata may have been good, but that doesn't give you the right to criticize other people's drawings! You've___ been___served. Peace out homie.

11. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Wow, yesterday we sold globally total 12 units of iDrop Dead. Hard to sell less. Oh well, gotta think of something...

12. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Oh yeah, the t-shirts have gone into print, so we can mail them later this week. ;) Let's see if we can make enough money from the sales of the game to cover the expenses...

13. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Look what we've got!

And soon the three winners will have theirs as well. ;) Sweet! We'll try to mail them tomorrow.

Attached Files:

14. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    Awesome. This looks great! I can't wait to play with the new characters!
    Credits look fine!

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :) v1.3.0 will too be a nice update... ;)

... Jyri just emailed me and said that he's posted the t-shirts! I bet you all get them next week. Have fun, and remember to wash them inside out!

16. Oldrich

Oldrich New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Aha! I'm gonna take my time with this one... I need something awesome.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm sure that after 2.5 years it'll be the AWESOMEST THING EVAR! ;)

And straight from the "Better Late Than Never Department" comes: R Guy!

[​IMG]