iDrop Dead: Design a background/object competition (3 gets into the game)!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ttursas, Sep 12, 2009.

1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Black hole!

Here's another one of my object ideas, because a boombox on fire goes great with a black hole! The ragdoll could get sucked in, then shot out super fast and banged against the walls really hard! Here it is! It isn't the best drawing so if it wins, you could fix it up a bit, I don't mind my design being changed, just don't change it too much. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Ok i just lost all acess to making my props :/ i tried paint yesterday that didnt work any body want draw them there really simple and they would be cool to see ingame :D

3. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    First naked guys and rainbows, now a _black hole_... Dude! ;) Hey but the idea is great!!! I'll need to think how to do that with the physics engine...

4. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    You know, I drew the guy right, your the one who made his pants disappear! Lol it is pretty funny though. It's a mystery. IS he wearing any pants? The world may never know!

5. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    :D It was purely an accident, I realized what I had done only after you mentioned about it. ;) Anyway, hmm, girls love mysteries, and here we have naked guy mystery on display. Perhaps iDrop Dead would start attracting girls if we added such stuff into it? :)

6. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    iDrop Dead Pinball!

Hey, I was brainstorming (and this isn't an entry but you can count it as one if you want to, lol) but what if you had pinball mode in the menu page (or you could just make it another world to unlock), and instead of just playing regular pinball, the ball was a ragdoll! That would be a little bit difficult to do, but it would put a unqiue and interesting spin on the idea of pinball. iDrop Dead Pinball! I like it! lol What do you think?

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    That's a great idea!!! But you are a few weeks late. When you get to play v1.2.0 update you'll see what I mean... XD XD

8. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    What?

Y? did u already put it in 1.2?

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Hahaha, you'll see! ;) There's some stuff in v1.2.0 that we haven't told anybody...

10. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Backto work!

Now I want to see 1.2 more than anybody! lol Back to the drawing board! Ideas are flowing in already!

11. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Well that's pretty exciting! Some unreleased features are in this next update? Very cool :) excited to see how it comes out and what people think. ttursas: you should end comp. 2 now xP jk. I would still like to come up with some better ideas :x

12. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Oh yeah!

Just (barely) unlocked the explosions level! Woot! lol

13. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Yup. ;) With iDrop Dead I want to put surprises into every update, because it's fun. :)

End the 2nd contest now? Oh no, I can't do that, it wouldn't be fair and we don't have the prizes ready yet. :)

14. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    Haha I know, just kidding ttursas. It isn't fair as some people haven't had a chance to submit yet! Do you already have the tshirts ready? Like image/design?

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #115 ttursas, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Yes, I know there are some guys waiting to do last minute submissions. ;) We don't have the new shirts ready yet, but I'll finish the image later today so we can print them at the end of the week, hopefully.

16. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm excited to see the shirts this time. Last time they looked pretty cool :D how awesome would it be to have someone recognize the game and be like "omg that's amazing! I want a shirt too! The game is way fun" haha. But yeah, excited to see the final design ;)

17. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    We just broke the 400 sold units milestone with iDrop Dead, I guess we have a long way to go before the game has such a status... Millions of people have played the flash Drop Deads, but the iPhone version doesn't seem to interest the buyers. Too little visibility, I reckon.

Anyway, yeah, I'm at the moment working on the next t-shirt. ;)

18. xFinch713x

Apr 26, 2009
    For me this is the first iDrop Dead, as I had never heard of it before this iPhone version :p But i played it online and the Lite version, and I liked it. I'm hoping i can win and get a promo code :p heh.

19. Weebler

Weebler Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Ttursas, do you think mine would work better as a background in the game or as a menu?

20. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Well, color schemewise it would work better as a game background, but I cannot mirror it upside down. If we used it as a menu background, well, not the whole game is about war and buildings... So I'd still say it would work better as a game background.