iDrop Dead: Design a background/object competition (3 gets into the game)!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ttursas, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Blueprints are also ok! But if your blueprint/idea wins a prize you need to draw it complete first before we mail the goodies. ;)

2. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I have an idea but i dont know if it would work or were it would fit in i just thought how fun it would be to have it in game. Along with something else butare the objects allowed to have effects?

3. apppanther

apppanther Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Oh yeah!

Posting my entry in t-minus 2 hours- its good!

4. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    Almost done......

Finishing up the tiling......

5. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    Come on!!!!!

So close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, ttursas, pm me ive got good news about idrop dead that I'm sure you're going to want to hear!

6. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    Yya! Here it is!

Here's my entry! I really hope it wins! I included my object in there, the flaming boombox! lol!

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Yes, absolutely! Like if you design a cannon, please make a bullet, too, and tell us how it explodes (if it explodes). Objects with effects, please! ;)

8. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Well, both of my objects could explode, especially the land mine, but the water mine could either explode or be one of the rotating saw-like objects. Use it however you like ttursas :)

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    I think the audience needs more explosions. ;) But we have a freely moving sawblade-like objects coming pretty soon with the updates...

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think the sea mine woud be better as a mace. Put it on a chain and hang it up, then when we release the switch it can swing down and hit the ragdoll :)

11. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Hmm why not have both? ;) Thanks, I've added that to our TODO-list (with a question mark)... ;)

12. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Here's my first entry!

Hey, I'm new to tA forums, even though I've had my Touch since April, and I thought that a great way to get know here is to enter a contest! Here's my entry, I hope it wins! BTW, I put some a clown and robber in the background that aren't mine, they just looked cool and the guy who originally made them said I could use them, I hope thats okay. My drawing isn't that good because I had to use paint cuz I use all my money, except for my bills, on the App Store, so I hope I can still win. i also put my object in there, it's a boombox on fire, cuz it got all wet. ;)

Attached Files:

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    We know it's you apppanther :rolleyes:

14. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Yeah, that could work too! I was thinking of making chains for it so it would be more "realistic" as if it were attached to the ground floating, but i didn't think it would really need it since there aren't any "floating" levels, are there?

And yeah, totally apppanther xP

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ;) The graphics style gives you away, AP! ;) But that looks funny! I'll need to test it with game sprites that it's not too flashy... But AP sure has the spirit, I have to admit. :D

16. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Actually, when we add water elements (rectangular blocks of water) to the game, all stuff that gets thrown into the water will float (via force vectors directed up). So if you want to dive you need to jump into the water from a high place, or just use pulls to pull you down...

17. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Well.......

Yeah its me, but since i spend like 10 hours a day on here i dont think i should have been muted, im a bad boy getting a second account, im not using that other one anymore though, so its actaully like my only account

18. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Pretty nasty that someone muted you and all your old posts just vanished... :p Have you made an admin here angry or what?

19. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Here's what happened!

MidianGTX said my drawings were bad so I mouthed off on a different thread and got muted :( so yeah.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009