Universal Idle Realm (by Eat the Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eat the Moon, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Eat the Moon

Eat the Moon Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Founder, Eat the Moon, LLC
    Washington, USA
    I agree, I need to add an account link for the game. Facebook or Game Center would work, but I have to decide on the right way to do it. I could also generate a one-time use code on one device and let you log into the other device and use the code, for those who don't have or want to use FB or GC. Still, this is a problem that I will need to solve soon!

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Oh my god!!! Dev!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!! I think you need to urgently patch this!! While I was at the settings I accidentally pressed new game instead of help and it didn't even ask me if I am sure!!! My 6 town halls game is gone!!!!! # # # # #

You should have a cancel button!!! So we can see our stats as well as decide to be game or continue!!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

3. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You can always do the GC because if you're on iOS you have to have a GC. The code thing really not that great of a idea because if you're out but the game is on your other device and want to play....kinda hard to get the code. Plus it be a pain to do the code if you switch back and forth numerous times a day.

4. EpicToastie

EpicToastie Member

May 20, 2017
    Can you add an info pane to the research section, that's when clicked, will show you the last 2-3 things you researched. It's rough coming back after a long research hiatus to not know what you were researching, and then having to click on every building you've ever built to try and figure out what you were doing.

5. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Plus side now you know what to do and not what to do when it comes to building.....but I be mad also. I would've probably deleted the game...lol Rage Quit!!

6. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    That be nice because I'm still trying to figure out what I just researched last.....for a hour now. I still ain't sure..lol

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm enjoying this so far, it's a good idle game. I do like the limited building space, and the different types of terrain (e.g. clay, sand) - it does mean you have to be a lot more careful with your town planning which makes things more interesting.

A couple of odd things I've noticed:
    In the description for the Town Hall in the build menu it says the new base will have a domain radius of 5, but when you actually build it the new Town Hall only has radius 4.
    Also there's an odd visual bug when you build a new Town Hall but haven't scouted the entire radius of the new Town Hall. When scouted hexes are directly adjacent to black hexes it looks very odd, the edges all get messed up, sort of mixed together a bit.

8. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    :( Sorry to hear that. I will place an "Are you sure?" dialog after you hit the new game button, explaining what will happen and let you back out. The stats panel, however, needs to stay hidden until after the game is completed, mainly because it provides some extra information that should be hidden such as the total count of certain things the current game has on the map.

I do plan on adding a lifetime game stats section to let you see your total stats between all games, as the game already tracks that data.

9. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    That's a good suggestion and I'll add it to the list. I wonder if it might be a good idea to show this information on the research screen, or have a separate screen dedicated to your history, showing the last 100-200 things you've done, including demolishing, building, upgrading, and research? Oh man, now I want a timeline feature to show you various stats on a line graph or something, showing how you grew over time, similar to what is shown in some Civilization games. That might be a little much though...

I do have a feature planned to provide a list of every building that you own (with building level attached) that will let you tap on the item in the list and be taken to it on the map, so that you can easily see all level 1 buildings of a specific type, for example, and upgrade them without leaving a straggler.

10. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    Yay! Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! :)

Whoops... it should say 4, since that is what the building actually has. Thanks for bringing that up! I'll have the text corrected in the next update.

Hmmm, does quitting the app and then coming back solve the issue? If so, this might have been caused by an optimization I made when entering/exiting building and demolish mode. The game used to rebuild the entire 3D world geometry during that time (causing a 1 second delay, which was awful). It sounds like part of the map got updated, but not all of it. Of course, starting the app up again will rebuild all of the 3D geometry, which should fix it. I'll tackle this in the next update, thanks!

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Yes this should be prioritized!!! My last game which was undone I was having issue finding things to upgrade!! Imagine 7 towns!!! Definitely top in your list!!!!!

12. edbrannin

edbrannin Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I saw the "Town hall doesn't immediately scout" issue, too -- it was my third town hall (the second was fine), and the un-scouted tiles were all on the other side of a river. I was planning to demolish it and build somewhere else, but when I Started the game this morning I could see across the river.

Also, it would be great if we could see when the current research was done -- maybe with an icon on the research button, and/or some sort of progress-circle on the button when research is in progress.

Finally, a "Resources full in ..." timer would be helpful, even if the first version doesn't account for lower-tier resources speeding up when higher-tier ones get full. :)

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Can you turn down the audio volume just for the birds?
    I keep turning around expecting to see a nest of them behind me. #

14. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    As in, add an extra volume control for the ambient sounds? I can add that, and was actually thinking about it the other day!

15. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    I just pushed out my first live data hot fix for the game, so the next time your session starts (when you see the Idle Realm splash screen), you'll pull a little bit of data that fixes the end of the tutorial series as well as provides some Moon Coins and a Boost Box if you installed the game anytime before the last 30 minutes or so from this post.

The end of the tutorial would have a message asking for you to check out the store to spend some Moon Coins on boosts (if you wanted). But, after visiting the store, the very last message would pop back onto the screen and stay there until you closed down the app and started it back up again (not simply back out of it). I'm really sorry for that unfortunate bug, but thankfully I have been able to fix it with a data update!

I also made progress on taking care of a few extra bugs and added a few of the suggestions in this thread to the next app update, which I hope to submit to Apple in the next day or two, after I do some more testing internally.

Thanks everyone!

16. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Enjoying. But to build clay pits requires clay. How do I get clay without clay pits? Confused.

17. Eat the Moon

Jul 29, 2017
    Washington, USA
    Clay comes from the the dirt tiles. If you built buildings on top of the 3-4 dirt that you have in your starting area, you'll need to demolish one of them to get started. I hope that helps!

18. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Sure does. Thanks!

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That should be perfect!

20. Tomaso4

Tomaso4 New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Docks

Great game but confused on how to build docks, there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can build them.