iDevice Application Sharing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by VoodooVyper, Mar 2, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Hi, I was poking around my files the other day and came across the applications folder located in the iTunes folder. Can these files be transferred to a friends iTunes, or are they somehow 'genuine'?

I imagine they are, as devs would lose a lot of potential sales, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

2. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    They are linked to your account. So, if you want to give your mate access to your account, yes, i beleive you can transfer them.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, Haepnestos is right. BUT, what you have to do, is first plug your buddies ipod into your computer, so the email on his app store will change. You can't transfer from your computer to his ipod. So you get your email on his app store by plugging it into your computer, then he has to download it from his ipod, using your password. He won't be able to update the apps without your password.

4. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Authorize both computers with eachother's itunes accounts. Use a flash drive or ichat's file sharing feature to send apps. Voila. The only problem is your friend would have to send you updates for the app for you to have the most recent version, unless you know their password.

Also, to trade the files, just drag the app icon to your desktop, and it will copy it. Not sure if this works on PC's. It might.

5. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    +1.....Every word