Idea for Chat room

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by The Game Reaper, Dec 15, 2008.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #1 The Game Reaper, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    End thread

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. Are you trying to make my new position harder? :D

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    So sorry!
    I never thought of the implications!

4. Don't apologise. I know what you are saying. It would be nice to be able to IM the regulars here. I just think it would be very hard to keep the conversation under control.

5. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Wastedyuthe, I've seen a lot of forums with Chat Rooms, Heck, even some of the forums I work on have them. Generally there's no way of moderating them. I mean yes, you can hire Chat Room Mods, but unless you've got one or two for each time zone, you'll never have full coverage. 80% of the forums I work on don't have any problems with the chat rooms. So long as there are strict rules, and anyone breaking them is banned.

6. Fair point Thoreo.

7. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Another thought came to my mind:

If a chat was installed, especially if it was IRC Based, I've seen a system once that upon a user saying a certain number of "Black Listed Words" it would kick or ban them. That could work couldn't it?

8. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

A "live" chat room would be pretty interesting. Imagine the live banter going on about games etc. You can pm others personally or just chat on the main screen. But, I see that it could be total chaos if everyone wanna have their say!
    :)

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Those things are always a great idea, but no one ever uses them. The problem is no 2 people are ever in there. Might as well just get everyone's AIM or something and that way, you can block out the undesirables