Universal Icycle: On Thin Ice By Chillingo Ltd

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Nov 26, 2013.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    This looks surreally good.

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Maybe so they're not releasing Wednesday night/Thursday/Thanksgiving?

3. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I am just letting everyone know that Icycle is developed by the same developer who created Wonderputt.

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Because they don't want to take a direct hit from the Thanksgiving (especially Black Friday) sale, since releasing games during this week is already risky enough and could significantly damage their sales.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Damn this looks good and strange, buying now

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Fan-tas-tic !
    I would gladly pay $1 just for the intro. This is a must have and one of the best chillingo releases in ages.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Agree, this game pours imagination, quality and polish all around. The first couple of levels hints at an outstanding game. And you have left right controls, can jump (physics are awesome) that disappear after some seconds leaving a great area to see. So far, gameplay is absolutely fantastic. Its really imaginative and cool. Its going to be a great ride.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha I knew you guys would love it as i do. ;)

9. Wow, this is the game I saw art of at E3. Was wondering when it would come out.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Only played the first two levels before I'm off to bed but wow does this look like it's going to be cool, can't wait to play this tomorrow.

11. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Please tell me this is a doctor reference! ;)

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The difficulty level rises sharply a quarter or so of the way through, and there is absolutely no reason at all to have limited continues and send you back to the beginning of the stage. Except as a way to push IAP.

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    THIS! Bought.

14. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Played the first few levels before bed. An absolute delight.

15. V for Viennetta

V for Viennetta Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 9, 2013
    Male
    near the door
    Been waiting for this since TA first mentioned it back in June - well worth more than the 69p asking price for the art style alone.
    Damp Gnat really are a class act. Their previous game, Wonderputt, is a thing of beauty so this one's bought without a second thought.

Can't wait to play this & can't wait for DG's next release!

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This game is simply amazing. Kind of surprising to see Chillingo as the publisher of this - it's a lot more "artsy" than their typical games. And wow, it is a piece of art indeed.

Loving it so far. Looks to be a little short with just the 20 levels but the challenges certainly won't be easy to complete so lots of replay value here.

A measly buck is sadly under valuing this game, which from what I've played so far could be a GoTY contender.

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Thanks Sanuku for another gameplay video and thanks Damg Gnap for what seems to be an astounding platformer! Wonderputt was another artistic achievement, one of the most visually beautiful and original iOS games, and this looks to surpass it! Will pick it up tonight. I only hope that Gabrien's concern is not a legit one, in that the game employs a lives system to push IAPs.

18. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Been looking forward to this for a long time. Kinda forgot about it. Guess I gotta give it a try.

19. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

That doesn't bother as much as the "bubble" iAds that hover in the corner of the menu screen. A little surpassed to see this here and it does take you abruptly out of what the game is trying to achieve. Shame really to spoil the game this way.

Next.